This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games you champion that no one else seems to like

edited February 2008 in Everything Else
I'm a big fan of Legend of Legaia, I absolutely love the gameplay, and the story, while pretty typical is still pretty good. Still it seems whenever it gets mentioned anywhere its being panned. I know I'm not the only one who likes games that no one else seems to like.

Comments

• Crackdown, for the 360, I love it. Sure there isn't much story, and the "boss fights" are a little uninspired, but the freedom you have in game makes up for the flaws. I really hope they make another one.

If I could just find that 500th orb...
  • Oulaw Golf 2 for the Xbox. It had just the right mix of everything. Outlaw Golf, Outlaw Volleyball, and Outlaw Tennis are all bad, but Outlaw Golf 2 just had something about it. . .
  • I champion for Winning Eleven. FIFA can suck my soccer balls :P
  • edited February 2008
    I'm a big fan of Legend of Legaia, I absolutely love the gameplay, and the story, while pretty typical is still pretty good. Still it seems whenever it gets mentioned anywhere its being panned. I know I'm not the only one who likes games that no one else seems to like.
    O_O!

Finally! Another fan of L of L! I played the hell out of the game back in the day. It was my first RPG and I fell in love with it. i played through it at least 3 times. One straight up, then with a cheat guide and again just for kicks!

Also I'm adding in DQ8. I barely knew anyone who played it and I maxed it out and got the alternate ending and everything.

Also I remember liking Super Dodge Ball for the NES. I played that all day to the end multiple times!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Also I remember liking Super Dodge Ball for the NES. I played that all day to the end multiple times!
    Everyone loves that game. At least everyone I know.

Phantasy Star 3 for the Genesis would be that game. It was a least liked of the series.
  • Also I remember liking Super Dodge Ball for the NES. I played that all day to the end multiple times!
    I was all alone in my love of that game growing up. :P
    I was all alone in my love of that game growing up. :P
    Awwww... you should've been born in my town.
  • While I'm not a big VGaming person, I have a friend who happens to be a big fan of Shaq Fu for the Sega Genesis. Don't ask me why, for I have no idea what goes on in that insane head of his.
  • While I'm not a big VGaming person, I have a friend who happens to be a big fan of Shaq Fu for the Sega Genesis. Don't ask me why, for I have no idea what goes on in that insane head of his.
    That person is not your firend.
    I could see someone being a fan of it in an ironic way.
  • That person is not your firend.
    Shaq Fu is the greatest fighting game ever made.
  • edited February 2008
    While I'm not a big VGaming person, I have a friend who happens to be a big fan of Shaq Fu for the Sega Genesis. Don't ask me why, for I have no idea what goes on in that insane head of his.
    I could see someone being a fan of it in an ironic way.
    He does claim to enjoy it in a ironic way. However, actually trying to play through the game (and therefore become good at it) goes a bit beyond "ironic enjoyment" in my eyes.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
    One Must Fall: 2097. You lose.
    One Must Fall: 2097. You lose.
    There is no denying the sheer awesomeness that is OMF 2097. That is one amazing game. However, let's be honest. Soul Calibur 2 is the best fighting game so far.
  • Soul Calibur 2 is the best fighting game so far.
    *thumbs up* ^_^

I think my friends and I played the hell out of that game. We played until the disc stopped working!

but wait...which version?
  • but wait...which version?
    GameCube, duh.
  • Actually, I prefer the SCIII control scheme on the PS2. I'm not sure if SCII has the same controls, or different ones, but it's a lot easier to pull of complex moves with that setup than the GameCube. Of course, Link is worth the GC version anyway. :p
  • Enough about Soul Calibur, this is about games nobody else liked.
    Example: Third World War for the SegaCD. Turn-based geo-political warfare. You would try to rule the world with scientific, economic, political, and military decisions.
  • edited February 2008
    but wait...which version?
    GameCube, duh.
    No way! PS2 IMO.
    Actually, I prefer the SCIII control scheme on the PS2. I'm not sure if SCII has the same controls, or different ones, but it's a lot easier to pull of complex moves with that setup than the GameCube.
    Same reasons as Anarkigi.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Apparently I'm the only person who enjoys Audiosurf...
  • edited February 2008
    Apparently I'm the only person who enjoys Audiosurf...
    Audiosurf is amazing. Play King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 2&3 by Neutral Milk Hotel. Loads of fun.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited February 2008
    King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 2&3by Neutral Milk Hotel. Loads of fun.
    Hahaha. I haven't tried that one. I'll do it right now.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves Crash Team Racing (the original PS1 version) and prefers it over Mario Kart. Am I crazy, or does anyone else agree with me?
  • Gemfire for the SNES.

Aerobiz and Aerobiz Supersonic for the SNES.
  • edited February 2008
    I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves Crash Team Racing
    You're not: that was a great game.

I love the Street FIgher Alpha series. I think Street FIghter Alpha 2 is my favorite Street Fighter game. I mostly hear people complaining about how much they hate the Alpha series.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves Crash Team Racing (the original PS1 version) and prefers it over Mario Kart. Am I crazy, or does anyone else agree with me?
    Man, I played the hell out of that too! <3
  • edited February 2008
    Actually, the Crash Bandicoot series (until after the third one) was very good. The series gets a really bad name from the crappy newer games. The racing game was really good, though.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Other than the fact that I think E.T. is just bad and not horrendously terrible, I can't think of any games I like that are actively hated by many other people. However, I don't think that many people other than myself are big fans of Dynamite Headdy and Alfred Chicken.
  • GameFan had a big write up on Dynamite Headdy back in the day. I bought it the first chance I had, and was so disappointed when I got home. I was pissed I wasted my money on that game.
  • GameFan had a big write up on Dynamite Headdy back in the day. I bought it the first chance I had, and was so disappointed when I got home. I was pissed I wasted my money on that game.
    It's awesome, you suck.