This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080228 - Underwear?

RymRym
edited February 2008 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights, lacking anything better to talk about, we discuss underwear. In the news, we have nanotech windshields of the future and a local run-in with the law.

Scott's Thing - Too Many Men
Rym's Thing - Diebold Leaks 2008 Election

Comments

• I ask the gentlemen of the FRC forum, Boxers, Briefs, or the exotic middle ground, Boxerbriefs?
    Boxers.
  • None of the above.

OK, actually, boxers.
  • Briefs. Boxers provide zero support and ride up your balls. Boxerbriefs are just a pathethic middle ground trying to look cool with 'boxers' yet still being somewhat useful.
  • Boxerbriefs

You guys can make the most mundane topics super hilarious. Awesome ability!

The "hey lets have sex" underwear? why not just say thongs! What's wrong with saying thongs? Thong, thong, thong, thong, thong!
  • Boxers.

Gentlemen, I find it somewhat distressing that you seem to have overlooked something in your discussion of women's underwear. Brief (Heyo!) as it was, it is still inexcusable that discussion of the side-tie panties did not come up.

I hope that in future discussion you will take this into consideration.
  • Boxers. Briefs are tight and uncomfortable, and Boxer-briefs are just an extension of this.
  • With Rym and Scott thinking about working from home rather than go to work in addition to them pledging to never go to retail stores again, I am now absolutely convinced that you guys are slowly turning into non-parasitic hikikomori.
  • edited February 2008
    As a ninja it is necessary to have a certain level of support at all times for my ninjaing. Boxers do not provide this support. I choose briefs, unless I'm working out, then I like boxer briefs. When I'm training to hone my ninja skills a cup is the way to go.

Two ounces of cocaine is a lot of money, and a lot of jail time. Drugs not only make you stupid they make you paranoid. Either way it often results in similar behavior.

I have a co-worker that works from home almost 100% of the time. He is very productive, if a little difficult to communicate with at times. My dad works from home 100% he said it increased his production about 10%. I could work from home, but I have a nice office with a door. Also my wife stays at home with my 2 boys, so working from home would be futile.
    Post edited by am_dragon on
  • With Rym and Scott thinking about working from home rather than go to work in addition to them pledging to never go to retail stores again, I am now absolutely convinced that you guys are slowly turning into non-parasitic hikikomori.
    Heh.. There's one big difference. Other than work and shopping, we actually go outside on a regular basis. When it isn't cold, I run or bike almost every day, and we eat out quite a bit (probably too often). ^_~

The sad thing is, I would definitely shop locally and in person if a brick and mortar store carried anything I wanted at a reasonable price with hours of operation that actually allowed me to shop there...

Groceries, bike repairs, car repairs, clothes, and dinner are the only things I can buy in person without frustration these days. ^_~
  • Yeah, you are still doing that :P
    Nah, I'm just pulling your leg.

At least the episode had an epic moment.
    Scott: There is only one thing a guy can say about women's underwear
    Rym (cutting in): They are not comfortable.
  • Boxerbriefs
  • Heh.. There's one big difference. Other than work and shopping, we actually go outside on a regular basis. When it isn't cold, I run or bike almost every day, and we eat out quite a bit (probably too often). ^_~
    You mean, YOU go outside. Does Scott really go outside other then to go to work or get food?
  • Not that I do so, But why is there not an option on the poll for going Spetsnaz?
  • edited February 2008
    Underoos with little pictures of Friedrich Engels and quotes form Das Kapital on them.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Does Scott really go outside other then to go to work or get food?
    Other than for conventions: never...
  • Other than for conventions: never...
    Not in the cold.
  • jccjcc
    edited February 2008
    I often bicycle, during which boxers all wish to flee to the safe cozy inside of my rectum. :/

Wedgies, I am not a fan.
    Post edited by jcc on
  • I like when a man wears boxer briefs. Stylish, yet supportive and it shows off the ass just right. ^^
  • I like when a man wears boxer briefs. Stylish, yet supportive and it shows off the ass just right. ^^
    I like seeing them in boxers. It just seems so manly and hot seeing a guy walk in your room with nothing but boxers. <3

Briefs seems so kiddie to me. Not hot at all.

What one ups both options is nothing at all. XD
  • edited February 2008
    I'm actually going to be ordering bloomers sometime soon. Oh the joys of gothloli. ;)

Also, there was a chapter in the Lady Snowblood manga where a big part of the plot featured Oyuki sneaking into a brothel and introducing the owners to Victorian bloomers, which they had never seen before and thought were totally hot.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Boxers are the only way to go for me, I find briefs to be far to uncomfortable. Oh, and if you guys do the show on Walt Disney World and Disneyland and you need to fill in some gaps on facts, need more information, or just some consoltation you can ask me as I am a Disney geek.
  • Going commando is what I do...
  • Not that I do so, But why is there not an option on the poll for going Spetsnaz?
    I figured there was, as "Nothing but a thin layer of Gabardine" is a Seinfeld reference to such.
  • My vote for "other" falls into a middle-ground. I go with boxers during the week when I'm not moving from my desk at work and boxer-briefs on the weekends when I'm more active and in need of more support.
  • Kilt.

When I have to wear something bifurcated, Munsingwear Kangaroo Pouch briefs (or boxer-briefs) are where it's at. Once you go horizontal, you'll never go back.
  • I also wear my kilt when I am able. I prefer boxers for the added room when pants are called for.
  • I put "some other" just because my answer is "whatever I grab when I blindly reach in the morning. Boxers or briefs, doesn't make a difference to me.
  • Imho, briefs are what little boys wear. Real men wear boxers! Anything else is too much of an eye-full. If you need support, and there is a slight chance a woman may see you in your skivvies, please wear boxer briefs. For the love of god, don't let a lady see you in man-panties.
  • edited March 2008
    I usually wear box-briefs during the week because I walk home from school and it's always warm in the afternoon in California. On the week ends, where I do as little as I can get away with, It's strictly boxers. And Briefs, for the love of god, do nothing but squeeze the shit out of you balls.
    Post edited by Sir_Xander on