This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sakura Con 2008

edited February 2008 in Conventions
For any of you peoples in the west coast area that have nothing better to do from March 28th-30th, I suggest checking out Sakura Con. It's held in Seattle, WA.

This will be my 9th year going, however this time, I won't be on staff. I've decided to actually take a break from that and actually just go and attend a convention and see everything that there is to see and enjoy.

I'm also making this post because I happened to look on the Guests page and noticed 2 names that made me excited beyond belief: Noburteru Yuuki and Toshihiro Kawamoto, two people who worked on some of the greatest anime I've ever seen.

I plan on bringing some Escaflowne and Bebop merch for them to sign. There are some other guests there that are awesome, but those two are big reasons why I'm excited.

So, if you have the money and time, think about Sakura Con. It's always been a fun convention to attend! ^^

Comments

• D:

WHY! Why must it be in Seattle! My friend came all the way from MD to go to this. Last time they had my favorite director and band. I should do it! I can do it! If I had cash...*cries in corner*
  • I'm so distressed that one of my top favourite groups, ALI Project, will be there too, and I won't be able to go. Not enough funds. Whyyyyyy? D:

*emo'd!*
  • I'm so distressed that one of my top favourite groups, ALI Project, will be there too, and I won't be able to go. Not enough funds. Whyyyyyy? D:

*emo'd!*
    ALI PROJECT! NOOOOOOOOO!

*double emo'd*
  • I just noticed that the Foglios will be going. I will have to send a book along with one of my friends who is going so that I can get a sketch or signature. I wish I had the funds for this one.
  • Well for anyone who is interested, Sakura Con was pretty fun. It's weird not being on staff. I found myself with a lot of time on my hands and too much time in the Dealer's Room spending money. Anyways, I'll post a few pics here, however most are in on my flikr. I really didn't take a lot of pictures, but I'll upload the rest later.

If you read the Penny Arcade on 03/28/08 and 03/31/08, basically at the PA booth, they were making toasted waffles with a scoop of ice cream and just giving them out to fans. It was pretty awesome. They really weren't supposed to be doing this because the food court was right across from their booth. They basically hid a few toasters in a box and the ice cream underneath tables and served them to fans. They were yummy. Here you can see Robert Khoo serving some waffles:

KhooWaffle

One of the main panels I attend is the PA Panel. They basically just answer questions from fans. One of the fans made them a really awesome plushie set:

TwispCatsby

I've started a panda sketchbook. I plan on going to other cons and hopefully getting artists and guest doing various sketches of pandas. So far my favorite are:

Gabe from PA
    GabePanda

and Toshihiro Kawamoto, character designer of Cowboy Bebop:
    EdPanda

It was pretty awesome to have him draw that for me. I was able to be near the front of the very long line to get his autograph. He did mostly regular drawings of characters from Bebop. However when it was my turn and I asked him, the translator told him, Kawamoto gave the most puzzling and surprised response. Luckily a person had a plushie panda so he could reference from it. I absolutely adore the drawing.

Anyways, Sakura Con was great. It's too bad most of you don't go there, because it would be cool to meet up and hang out. I'll leave you with probably two of the epic cosplays I saw there:

Team Fortress 2
    TeamFortress

Leeroy Jenkins! & look he has chicken! ^_^
    LeeroyJenkins