This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Beehold Rym, the Beekiller.

RymRym
edited July 2006 in Everything Else

Comments

• Lol. This is hilarious.
  • ph33r!
  • You like like a lean mean bee killing machine.
  • Pics of the nest?
  • Ah, I see that you prepared a chemical warfare payload for a night-time assault on the enemy's base. An excellent choice of time and weaponry, as their aerial cavalry is not equipped for operations in the dark and the chemicals are formulated to penetrate their biochemical defenses.
  • Ah, I see that you prepared a chemical warfare payload for a night-time assault on the enemy's base. An excellent choice of time and weaponry, as their aerial cavalry is not equipped for operations in the dark and the chemicals are formulated to penetrate their biochemical defenses.
    Wtf?
  • This morning here were two or three buggers still alive and sitting on the porch near the site where their hive used to exist. Tonight might be time for raid two.
  • That reminds me of where I used to live where there was this huge bee panel in my window and you could see the inside of it...That was cool while it lasted.
  • Funny thing is that Rym looks insanely happy to be the bringer of canned death. :)
  • edited July 2006
    Canned death? People buy your own death in a can!
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I'd look insanely happy if I were on my way to the electric chair... To quote someone who described me to someone else many years ago at a convention:

"Rym angry? He's got a Pixie Stick shoved up his ass 24/7. I don't think he has the capacity for anger."
  • edited July 2006
    How the hell could a Pixie Stick allocated in you ass make you happy?
  • RymRym
    edited July 2006
    I don't know. The sugar? The connotations of a phrase like "pixie stick?" The fact that everyone involved was at least slightly drunk?

The thing is, I actually felt bad about destroying their nest. I would have been perfectly content to leave them alone had they not built it where they did.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited July 2006
    I have not touch a bottle of liquor ever since new years were I got so drunk and fell of a set of stairs. (I know I'm one year under alcohol age but still no one actually follows that law.)

Well, I think you would not have been that happy if one stung you.
  • edited September 2006
    Until Rym mentioned it 2 posts up, I was about to say "What about the poor fucking bees?" but alas, if they build their nest in a dodgy place, it must go.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • DEATH TO ARTHROPODS! I am currently engaged in grievous warfare against the ants in my house. Insecticide is quite fun, especially when it involves squirting murderous goop across the threshold of my front door. Kind of like warding against vampires or something...
  • edited July 2006
    *snip*

You'd be amazed at how little a bee sting actually hurts. about 4 years back I was one of the founders of an Ultimate Frisbee league, and played every sunday, barefoot.

Well, one week county maintenance didn't mow the fields, and so tons of wildflowers and subsequently tons of bees were out. I got stung 7 times on my right foot, and 4 times on my left foot. After getting stung, I'd sit for a minute, squeeze the stinger out, and then get back up and keep playing. After about the 3rd sting, we didn't even bother stopping play to recover.

Invigorating really, but then again most bees don't have very malignant toxins in their sting.
    Post edited by tehmarken on
  • I was stung by a hornet looking thing last year in Portugal and it hurt like shit for 10 minutes, then completely subsided.
  • Mark.

You're crazy.
  • A bee stung me between the top of my sandal and my foot once. It sucked and I had to walk home with the front strap of my left sandal completely undone which caused all kinds of flapping smacky noises on the pavement.
  • Mark.

You'recrazy.
    Can I just emphasise this? I got stung on my foot once and I couldn't walk on it for THE REST OF THE DAY. Even with using some of that sting cream that makes the pain go away.
  • *snip*

You'd be amazed at how little a bee sting actually hurts. about 4 years back I was one of the founders of an Ultimate Frisbee league, and played every sunday, barefoot.

Well, one week county maintenance didn't mow the fields, and so tons of wildflowers and subsequently tons of bees were out. I got stung 7 times on my right foot, and 4 times on my left foot. After getting stung, I'd sit for a minute, squeeze the stinger out, and then get back up and keep playing. After about the 3rd sting, we didn't even bother stopping play to recover.

Invigorating really, but then again most bees don't have very malignant toxins in their sting.
    It really depends on the type of bee. I've been stung twice in my life, once in the foot once in the arm. The one on the foot hurt for hours, the one on the arm stoped hurting in minutes after running water over it.
  • I've been stung by bees twice in my life. The first time, it hurt. The second time, my hand swelled up like a balloon. I'm guessing the next time I may be in serious trouble, so I'm supposed to carry antihistamines at all times. I haven't since high school, nor have I even thought about it in years. But somewhere, out there, is a bee with my name on it. I can feel it.
  • I was stung once in the pinky toe. I was very young, and apparantly I screamed so loudly that my mother thought I'd cut my finger off on the playset or something equally horrible. I couldn't walk for a couple of days.

That toe is a bad luck sink. It's been stung, cut, stubbed, burned, and broken multiple times in the course of my life. Once, it starting hurting while I was in class back at uni. I didn't want to take my boot off, so I just ignored it, assuming I'd hurt it running the previous day or something. It was sore, but not too bad. Hours later, sitting back at my dorm room, it still ached. I rolled my sock off to find that a SINGLE PIECE OF MY HAIR had somehow wrapped around it and tied itself into a knot, forming a tiny noose that had been slowly strangling my toe!

If I ever get cancer, I'm fairly certain it would be confined to that one toe. If anyone ever tries to shoot me, I know where the bullet will strike.

I could just have it removed, but then the bad luck might migrate elsewhere.
  • I rolled my sock off to find that a SINGLE PIECE OF MY HAIR had somehow wrapped around it and tied itself into a knot, forming a tiny noose that had been slowly strangling my toe!
    And I thought I had hobbit feet. Exactly how long is your toe hair that it could form a noose?
  • And I thought I had hobbit feet. Exactly how long is your toe hair that it could form a noose?
    It wasn't a toe hair. It was a hair from my head, and it was almost two feet long. Somehow, the little bastard had made his way from my head to the inside of my sock, and then around the toe.
  • Somehow it made it from your head to your toe? Somehow? Your hair makes it everywhere. It would be a surprise if you were somehow able to keep the hair off your foot.
  • edited September 2006
    That makes more sense. Or at least as much sense as a single piece of hair traversing the contours of your entire body to crawl inside of your sock and slowly murder your toe can ever make. Remind me to never get on your hair's bad side: it can hold a grudge better than anyone I've ever heard of.
    Post edited by Rym on