This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's Official: The sun IS eviler then Hilter!

edited July 2006 in Flamewars
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=healthNews&storyid=2006-07-26T191553Z_01_N26315393_RTRUKOC_0_US-SUN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

One of the first things I remember about Scott Rubin was his claim that the Sun is eviler Hitler... And well, here is the proof!

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Eviler? Eviler?! Are you even trying? Also, your use of ellipsis is questionable.
    Post edited by MrPeriod on
  • edited July 2006
    Dude! I'm quoting! I'm quoting someone who said it verbally! And Jokish!
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Eviler? Eviler?! Are you even trying? Also, your use of ellipsis is questionable.
    An ellipsis. Also, your use of two consecutive exclamation marks disturbs me. Deeply.
  • Eviler? Eviler?!Are you even trying? Also, your useof ellipsisis questionable.
    An ellipsis. Also, your use of two consecutive exclamation marks disturbs me. Deeply.
    Alas, nobody is perfect, especially not you or I. If in that sentence I were referring to a singular ellipsis, then you would be correct. For the sake of argument I will say I was referring to the sum total of his ellipsis use, not just this particular incident.

As for your mistake, I did not use two consecutive exclamation marks. I did use two consecutive punctuation marks. A question mark followed by an exclamation mark is an alternative way of displaying an interrobang. The interrobang is a perfectly valid punctuation mark.
  • Wow. The discussion was derailed by a grammar argument before Godwin's Law could even fully take hold!

Astounding.
  • Considering that he puts up with "teh" and "ph33r," there's a lot of leeway here. His job is really just to maintain a level of readability and, eventually, to cull the herd.
  • Sorry, guys, I didn't even notice the Godwining of the thread. One last thing before the thread implodes, though: If one were referring to multiple uses of an ellipsis, one should, nay must, term them ellipses, as that is the plural form.

Goodnight, all. Goodnight, Mr. P!(?!)
  • Well, the Aztecs believed that you needed to sacrifice humans to the Sun. To supply it with blood, so it would rise the next day.

I suppose that led to many innocent people dying, which can be considered a form of evil. But then again, I'm sure Hitler killed more than the Aztecs did...

Unless, of course, the Sun is where evil people go when the die, and the amount of evil and hatred in their souls causes all the energy and radiation of the Sun. I think we could then describe degrees of evil by elements, saying that Hydrogen is evil at it's purest and simplest form, and then Helium is a more complicated form of evil. It could keep progressing, and you;d get things like Oxygen. You can't live without it, but different forms of pure oxygen are very toxic. Sorta like women, can't live with it, can't live without it. And we know how evil women can be...
  • Hell is located in the sun!? Yay!
  • tehmarken's conjecture about evil elements suggests something interesting. Since all matter more complex than hydrogen comes from stars, all matter is inherently evil. On the other hand, heavier elements are only created by supernovas, i.e. the destruction of stars and hence concentrated evil. So if you believe that the destruction of evil is a good act, heavy metals are inherently good, and we may presume that the heavier the element, the more good it has absorbed.

Meaning plutonium is about as saintly as the Virgin Mary. Huh.
  • edited July 2006
    Does the holy Virgin cause radiation burns? If that's the case it could explain why she hasn't gotten any after all these years.
    Post edited by Phantasos on
  • Does the holy Virgin cause radiation burns? If that's the case it could explain why she hasn't gotten any after all these years.
    Well she does often turn up in pieces of toast, or burned into the side of a tortilla.
  • Thank you, Alex and tehmarken, for the argument supporting the holy atomic flame, fueled by the burning of the heavy elements of plutonium and uranium. The bright actinic glare of searing truth burns away the evil of life, restoring the world to void and the purity of nothingness.
  • edited July 2006
    What the hell Katsu?
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • One could ask a similar question concerning a certain someone’s grammar. ;-)
  • edited July 2006
    What the hell Katsu?
    I've asked that question for the past 4 years, and never once gotten a sufficient response.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Thank you, Alex and tehmarken, for the argument supporting the holy atomic flame, fueled by the burning of the heavy elements of plutonium and uranium. The bright actinic glare of searing truth burns away the evil of life, restoring the world to void and the purity of nothingness.
    (I know him well enough that I really should have seen that coming. Yet, somehow, I did not.)

But, Katsu: the flame you refer to is the flame of fission, by which the purest of elements are reduced closer to their foul stellar ancestry.
  • So we need to take the moral high ground and use fusion bombs?
  • edited July 2006
    What the hell Katsu?
    I've asked that question for the past 4 years, and never once gotten a sufficient response.
    ...maybe he's an FBI agent, and he's sharing information hidden world-wide.

Or Maybe he found out how to channel his thoughts into the future by spinning a leek.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • That holy fire, the splitting of plutonium and uranium to create the self-sustaining chain reaction of nuclear fury, results in baser elements. While the stellar furnaces of hydrogen and helium nuture blasphemous life, slowly but surely insure their own demise and the obliteration of surrounding creation with the eventual build-up of the heavier elements within their cores. The heavy metals, then, are mere by-products of the process by which evil is given form and then destroyed.