This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cleveland Colossalcon '08

edited March 2008 in Conventions
Is anyone planning on going? It's June 26-29th (hell yeah, 4 days) in the Hilton in Beachwood, Ohio.

I'm definitely going, as it was my first con (CCC '06), and it all around should be sweet.

It's sorta small, but sorta growing at a decent rate. In '06, there were roughly 1,000 attendees. In '07, I'd have to guess it was around 1,500. This year I wouldn't be surprised if 2,000 come out.

That being said, if you live more than an hour or two away, I probably wouldn't bother. But if you live in the area, you should really go. It's a great con for it's size.

http://www.colossalcon.com/2008/

Comments

• I'll see if I'm free I live about an hour south of beechwood so it could be a day trip for me to try it out for the first time. I'll have to investigate further though.
  • You wouldn't think it's worth the drive from Columbus?
    I've been looking for a another con ever since I missed Ohayocon this year.
  • Wow, that's 25 minutes from my house. I'd have to dig up people to go with so I wouldn't be the creepy old guy.
  • Wow, that's 25 minutes from my house. I'd have to dig up people to go with so I wouldn't be the creepy old guy.
    There is always Jason...
    There is always Jason...
    Damn. First dinner, now a con . . .
  • edited March 2008
    You wouldn't think it's worth the drive from Columbus?
    I've been looking for a another con ever since I missed Ohayocon this year.
    If you have the time and money, I'd say it probably is worth it from Columbus.

I'd say all in all, it's one of the better cons I've been to. The Dealers room is very varied, albeit last year it was loaded with bootleg dealers (CDs mostly). I reported them at the con and on the forums, and I alerted many people to the bootlegs, so they might start cracking down on them this year.

Video game rooms were great. They had metal DDR pads, beatmania and all the japanese releases for it, halo, guitar hero, and just a ton of cool shit.

Anime screening rooms are pretty cool compared to other cons. Unlike other cons, this one only plays unlicensed stuff. I've always found that cool.

The artist alley and raves are also usually pretty good.

And if I remember correctly, last year had some good panels.

But yeah, if you live farther away, you're probably better off going to the bigger summer cons like Acen, Otakon, AX, or whatever else is near you.
    Post edited by Dkong on