This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

James Randi pwns (poons) Uri Geller and Peter Popoff

edited July 2006 in Everything Else
Thursday's Thing of the Day was Uri Geller getting pwned by James Randi. Here I have a Google Video link that I think is much better. The YouTube video is a cut version of this.

Stolen from Google Video description:
In this short film, Randi exposes Uri Geller and Peter Popoff. He ends with a comedy review against many medical self-proclaimed spiritual healers.

Comments

• Lolz. Skeptics: 1, Crazies: 0.
  • If you want to see Randi being "pwned" on Australian TV, have a look at this. Randi was treated really unfairly, but this always appears on lists of the most memorable moments on Aus television, mostly because it made the host of the show look like an unprofessional jerk.
  • I don't really care about half rate idiots like them.
  • Randi didn't get pwned at all in that video, thaneofcawdor, that shit-talking asshat just wouldn't let Randi get a word in edgewise and made up bullshit and lies to defend somebody else making up bullshit and lies.
    Hang on, hang on, let me say what I'm going to say and then you can talk.
    After he finishes talking, without letting Randi talk:
    We're going to a commercial break and you can piss off!
    What a dick.

On another note, this is an article Randi wrote about Doris Stokes. I found it quite entertaining.
  • Randi didn't get pwned at all in that video, thaneofcawdor, that shit-talking asshat just wouldn't let Randi get a word in edgewise and made up bullshit and lies to defend somebody else making up bullshit and lies.
    Yeah, that's why I put quotes around "pwned". Most ordinary people would consider Randi the loser in that situation, but it really showed how reactionary and downright stupid people can be. In Don Lane's defence, though, I believe he was just trying to stand up for his friend, Stokes. However, it's not really an excuse, and he should have known better.
    What a dick.
    Yeah, well, the last thing that guy did on TV was to host the Superbowl coverage on our public broadcasting station about ten years ago. Randi, however, is still gettin' it done.
    On another note, this is an article Randi wrote about Doris Stokes. I found it quite entertaining.
    Bending spoons is one thing - it only causes minor harm (mostly to the spoons). But cold reading someone and making them think they're talking to their dead loved ones makes my blood boil. I hated that John Edward creep before I even knew what a cold reading was, but now, years later and much better educated, I hate him so much more.