This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Regarding yesterday's flamewar

GeoGeo
edited March 2008 in Forum Stuff
Hello fellow members. I understand to my knowledge that yesterday there was a minor flame war that was started by a now banned member named Matthew Geoffino. I have only just found about the flame war this morning.

I would have known about this event yesterday had I not been at my grandmother's house. She has a computer and the Internet, unfortunately she still has a dial-up modem and doesn't want to get a DSL router due to her not wanting to pay more money for her computer (if this sounds confusing, I apologize as I don't quite understand it either). Because of this Internet handicap, I wouldn't have been able to find out about it yesterday.

I want to tell you that while my handle is Lordyupa12, the banned person's handle is in fact my name in real life. It is quite obvious that someone stole my identity and used it to slander my name across the forums. This is very upsetting to me and am quite mad about this act of identity theft. I am refraining from using this person's name due to the possibility of me getting sued and/or arrested so I will only use the letter "A". Although I think I have an idea as to who "A" is, I don't have evidence to support it..... yet (it shouldn't be hard to get it either as he is stupid as all hell).

My reason's for accusing "A" of stealing my name are the following. 1: He says most of what he said in the flame war almost every single day on my bus which annoys the hell out of everyone. 2: Most of what he said about FFVII is possibly derived from a conversation I had with my friends about a 3 weeks ago. and 3: He pretty much thinks I'm the most annoying person in the world because of how I'm obsessed with certain things that really only appeal to geeks and nerds.

Despite all my reasons, I still can't prove my claims unless the accused either admits that he did this while a figure of authority or somehow lets it slip while a device that can record either video or audio is present. However, I will not stop until I found out who committed this act of libel against me.

Thank you for your time and take care.

Comments

• I'm sure this board has IP tracking installed so Rym and Scott can easily cross reference those posts with all IPs used on the forum.
  • I will follow-up offline.
  • No worries, these things can be figured out with ease.
  • Well, at least you have a suspect with some evidence against him. IMO, he sounds like the annoying one.

BBC? Lame.
  • edited March 2008
    BBC? Lame.
    It may be sad, but I thought BBC stood for: British Broadcasting Company. Thanks to this kid, I can have nightmares now.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • It may be sad, but I thought BBC stood for: British Broadcasting Company. Thanks to this kid, I can have nightmares now.
    You and me both pal, you and me both.
  • e this board has IP tracking installed so R
    Thank God for that. I thought it would've been impossible to tell who did this, but the n again I'm not really tech savvy.
  • Well, at least you have a suspect with some evidence against him. IMO, he sounds like the annoying one.

BBC? Lame.
    You have no frickin' idea.
  • edited March 2008
    It may be sad, but I thought BBC stood for: British Broadcasting Company. Thanks to this kid, I can have nightmares now.
    I thought he meant British Broadcasting Company, however I wasn't scarred by what it meant.

I missed another banned member. Darn. Well it wasn't as good as the original banned member, so I didn't really miss out on much.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • It's ok, we will get another one in about 6-8 months. If that doesn't show the quality of these boards, I don't know what does.
  • What is up with these kids playing baby games?
  • I totally missed out on this. Damn it!
  • Don't fear the new BBC! The programming may be a little simpler, but it's just as captivating. :) I'd argue it's the spiritual successor to "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad".
  • Don't fear the new BBC! The programming may be a little simpler, but it's just as captivating. :) I'd argue it's the spiritual successor to "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad".
    That's not the BBC we're talkin' about. Look it up in Urbandictionary, and I apologize if I give you nightmares.
  • Thank you oh mighty Rym for smiting the wicked with your all mighty hammer, Banolotu. Man that kid was annoying.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2008
    up with these kids playing baby games?
    From the armchair psychologist perspective: These people are scummy assholes whose only friends (if you could call them that) are people who are exactly like them. The bitch known as puberty has fucked up their heads and they don't know how to deal with all these emotions swimming around in their minds. I suspect that they play these baby games because it's way of getting out their hatred of themselves and inflict it upon others around them. Either that or they're just stupid/immature.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • jccjcc
    edited March 2008

That's not the BBC we're talkin' about. Look it up in Urbandictionary, and I apologize if I give you nightmares.

O RLY? :P
    Post edited by jcc on
  • That's not the BBC we're talkin' about. Look it up in Urbandictionary, and I apologize if I give you nightmares.
    HAHAHA!

I just went though the search and read all of this guys posts. Wow, what a retard and a closet homo.
  • What is up with these kids playing baby games?
    Much like Domo-kun is the national bird of the Internet, Trolling is the national sport. :) The problem here was with finesse, and playing outside the usual stomping grounds. :)
  • That's not the BBC we're talkin' about. Look it up in Urbandictionary, and I apologize if I give you nightmares.
    HAHAHA!

I just went though the search and read all of this guys posts. Wow, what a retard and a closet homo.
    Or perhaps he a retarded homo in denial.
  • Thank you oh mighty Rym for smiting the wicked with your all mighty hammer, Banolotu. Man that kid was annoying.
    Ooh, did anyone see it? Did he transform again?
  • Ooh, did anyone see it? Did hetransformagain?
    No, but afterwards Rym walked around looking like this again.
  • Hmmm. I guess seeing a troll and seeing a banning is so rare here it's like a special event. A super bowl or watching someone get eaten by lions in a Colosseum. Entertaining.
  • No, but afterwards Rym walked around looking like this again.
    Well, yeah, after he banned him. He did that last time, too.
  • Hmmm. I guess seeing a troll and seeing a banning is so rare here it's like a special event. A super bowl or watching someone get eaten by lions in a Colosseum. Entertaining.
    I agree. I kinda got excited earlier after hearing about this.
  • RymRym
    edited March 2008
    I have tasted the sweet nectar of absolute power. There is no turning back now. I am in blood. Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more, returning were as tedious as go o'er. They way before me has been prepared. Look ye mighty, and tremble in despair. I alone stand among the gods and wield that which is known by mortals only as Banhammer.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • HAHAHA

Good call, jcc.
  • I have found out that "A" is indeed the person who slandered my name on the forum, because I heard him bragging about how he took my name and made false things up about me (and I heard all of this while I was hiding in a dark corner, I kind of heard him mention my account name and I decided to hide so he wouldn't see me). I have already reported all of this to the vice and main principals and I'm expecting them to suspend him.