This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Scott, get Rym to read/review more (indie) comics, like Any Easy Intimacy by Jeffrey Brown, Get a Life by Duprey-Berberian, Blankets by Craig Thompson, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison/Dave McKean, Fables by Bill Willingham, Spent by Joe Matt, and Maus by Art Spiegelman.

Also, you both need to read/review more novels, like House of Leaves by Mark Z. Denialewski, Fight Club, Choke, and Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk, and Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited March 2008
    I'd really like to see some more old school pc game episodes. Especially commander keen and Raptor: call of the shadow, two games that I enjoyed during my childhood.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I finished watching Utena and I think there should be a final thoughts episode on it.

Utena is amazing!
  • Whatever happened to the idea which was in Scott's own words: "who's who of the front row crew"?
  • I finished watching Utena and I think there should be a final thoughts month on it.
    Fixed it for you. ^_~

I just watched it all again with gomidog just this past weekend. I've seen the entire show several times, yet each time I gain further insight than I'd had before. It's also fascinating to watch it along with someone who has never seen it before, especially to see their predictions and interpretations.
  • House of Leaves by Mark Z. Denialewski
    Seconded. I've read HoL three times during the last year.
  • What makes anime different from other visual entertainment genres? Why do you prefer it over the others?
  • When you feel up to it, an Osamu Tezuka biography along with short synopsis' for each of his works (might be impossible to do in one show, but it would still be awesome to hear that).
  • edited March 2008
    I finished watching Utena and I think there should be a final thoughtsmonthon it.
    Fixed it for you. ^_~

I just watched it all again with gomidog just this past weekend. I've seen the entire show several times, yet each time I gain further insight than I'd had before. It's also fascinating to watch it along with someone who has never seen it before, especially to see their predictions and interpretations.
    I second the Utena final thoughts episode as hard as I can. I often think to myself while listening to GeekNights on my commute that this is something I really want to hear you guys do, but I never remember to post it here by the time I make it back home. Thanks for reminding me, Detective. :)

So, yes... U-TE-NA! U-TE-NA! U-TE-NA! :D

[/fangasm]
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited March 2008
    What makes anime different from other visual entertainment genres? Why do you prefer it over the others?
    I really like this idea. When I was younger, I wouldn't watch anime because it looked weird.
    I also think you should do a show on Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    Post edited by rdrunr78 on
  • What makes anime different from other visual entertainment genres? Why do you prefer it over the others?
    I really like this idea. When I was younger, I wouldn't watch anime because it looked weird.
    3rd'd!
  • Utena Show please! Please! I love that show now! I just watched it with Rym and I can't believe I put off watching it for so long. So GREAT!
    3rd'd!
    4th'd. I'd rather you guys do this than a Utena show on Wednesday.
  • 4th'd. I'd rather you guys do this than a Utena show on Wednesday.
    Haven't watched Avatar, so I'm pushing for Utena.
  • 4th'd. I'd rather you guys do this than a Utena show on Wednesday.
    Avatar would be on a Thursday, anyway, because it's not anime. You don't have to sacrifice either. ;)
  • House of Leaves by Mark Z. Denialewski
    Seconded. I've read HoL three times during the last year.
    Thirded. My friend read that book seven times in a row before deciding to burn it because of how much time he was spending analyzing it.
    Also, you guys have done an episode on computer literacy, but I would like to hear an episode on scientific literacy and how much the average person should know about the workings of the universe. If you could get some members of the FRC that work in scientific fields, you could probably combine it with a "Getting Into X" episode.
  • Avatar would be on a Thursday, anyway, because it's not anime. You don't have to sacrifice either. ;)
    I'd say it'd fall under "Anime/Manga/Comics".
  • Avatar would be on a Thursday, anyway, because it's not anime. You don't have to sacrifice either. ;)
    I'd say it'd fall under "Anime/Manga/Comics".
    It may not be anime but it's animation. It can be either thurs or weds.
  • Why does this thread not show up as having new messages to me. >:|

Either way, Yes to Airbender ep, Yes to Anime difference thingy, Yes to Utena, though I might have to watch it first...
  • Myself, your homework is to watch Utena!
  • The Princess Bride, book and/or the movie.
  • The Princess Bride, book and/or the movie.
    Seconded....as you wish.
  • Of course if they were to do this, every other sentence out of Scott's mouth would be "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die."
  • Of course if they were to do this, every other sentence out of Scott's mouth would be "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die."
    Yes.
    INCONCEIVABLE!
    INCONCEIVABLE!
    Are you sure that you know what that word means?

• Are you sure that you know what that word means?

That would be fuckin' awesome!!! If Scott keeps doing that, there would be quite a lot of filler for the nonexistent Outtakes part II recording in the experimental feed consisting of Rym repeatedly beating him up. Unless of course Scott fights back and gets the upper hand on him which he most likely will do.
  • Apreche did not post that quote, I did.
  • how about a show on The Crusades since Rym is into that kind of thing (due to the fact that he listens(ed?) to Twelve Byzantine Emperors
  • Mel Brooks: the man, the movies, the legend.