This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rock Band: Geek Edition Song List

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
They're supposedly putting Still Alive( the Portal song ) by Jonathan Coulton in the next Rock Band. We were thinking over the weekend that they should make an all geek edition of Rock Band. If they did, what should be on the song list? Here are some starters, so you get the right idea.

The epic Smash Bros. Brawl theme
Hyakugojyuuichi!!!
Spider-Man!

Comments

• I think you could safely add the theme song to any 80s cartoon, especially a certain one featuring a certain red and blue semi truck.
  • edited March 2008
    Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

Just as I would pay $20 for Guitar Hero - Stairway Edition, I would pay $20 for Rock Band - Ultimate Showdown Edition.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • I'm going to hijack this thread and ask why people are so obsessed with Stairway when Over the Hills and Far Away is clearly the superior Zeppelin song.
  • edited March 2008
    They are not supposedly putting Still Alive into Rock Band, they already did. It's just not released yet. here's a video of Jonathan Coulton playing it live on the current release. It will probably come as downloadable content soon.

Anyways, here are two lists I posted over at rockband.scorehero.com in a discussion about holiday themed downloadable content as we were asking ourselves what Harmonix planned for April Fools Day:

Towel Pack for May 25th:
    Journey of the Sorcerer by The Eagles
    Paranoid Android by Radiohead
    Don't Panic by Coldplay

Pirate Double Pack for September 19th:
    Weird Beard by Mad Caddies (video with a Audiosurf)
    Under Jolly Roger by Running Wild
    Seven Deadly Sins by Flogging Molly
    Over the Seas by Alestorm
    Captain Kelly's Kitchen by Dropkick Murphys
    Mutiny! by Set your Goals

I also think that Fraggle Rock would be awesome.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I'm going to hijack this thread and ask why people are so obsessed with Stairway when Over the Hills and Far Away is clearly the superior Zeppelin song.
    I love Stairway because it is a great song, and it holds deep sentimental value for me.
  • edited March 2008

Edit: Embed, duh.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • In the Jonathan Coulton vein, we should get Re: Your Brains in a Geek Pack. I would also toss in a few Beatnik Turtle songs, like "How Did I Google this?" and "Pizza : The Rock Opera."
  • Yakety Sax.
  • edited March 2008
    Being moderately serious here....

Coheed and Cambria. Geeks seem to love the sci-fi stories that Coheed's music is about.
    Machinae Supremecy, for obvious reasons
    Sky Eats Airplane - The only techno/metal/screamo band I can think of. It's a lot more electronically infused than most bands are. Albeit, I'm not saying this band is great, cause they're not...it's just something that I could see geeky metalheads liking.
    L'arc en Ciel and other Jrock bands (good luck with the lyrics, though)
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • edited March 2008
    I'm going to hijack this thread and ask why people are so obsessed with Stairway when Immigrant Song is clearly the superior Zeppelin song.
    I don't understand people's obsession with Stairway either. I don't care what you say, it's not the best song ever. It's not even the best Zeppelin song.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Every Zeppelin song is equally the best song in the world.
  • Anything By Muse
    Tenacious D - Tribute (Because it's fairly clean)
    I'd also like to see if they would put in a couple songs not in English
  • edited March 2008
    If keyboards, accordions, and brass instruments were part of the Rock Band set-up, They Might Be Giants would be high on my list.

[Edit] I just realized the perfect TMBG song for geeky Rock Band.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm going to hijack this thread and ask why people are so obsessed with Stairway whenImmigrant Songis clearly the superior Zeppelin song.
    I don't understand people's obsession with Stairway either. I don't care what you say, it's not the best song ever. It's not even the best Zeppelin song.
    The 25 minute Dazed and Confused jam from How the West Was Won would be the best for Rock Band.
  • The 25 minute Dazed and Confused jam from How the West Was Won would be the best for Rock Band.
    I say give 'em the epic length Moby Dick drum solo. Give everyone else a rest.
  • Da Vinci's Notebook.
  • [Edit] I just realized theperfectTMBG song for geeky Rock Band.
    Oh wow! Never heard that one before, very neat. Just like Dr. Worm :D
  • Some Wierd Al songs would be great. Albequerque would probably be a good addition.
  • The 25 minute Dazed and Confused jam from How the West Was Won would be the best for Rock Band.
    I say give 'em the epic length Moby Dick drum solo. Give everyone else a rest.
    Frank Zappa's The Black Page. Instant Carpal Tunnel.
  • edited April 2008
    "He-man woman hater" by Extreme - Most needlessly complicated intro.. ever!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • DUDES! 4'33" is the song they should put into rockband! It would be sooooo awesome!