This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon Schedule

edited July 2006 in Conventions
The official Otakon schedule is now available. And they've put it in a much easier to read format! If you are going to the convention make sure you listen to GeekNights this Wednesday night to find out about our awesome. We'll try to get the episode out earlier too, for those of you who are leaving early. Make sure you sync your iPod before you leave your house.

Comments

• Where is geeknights on the schedule?
  • edited July 2006
    Maybe I'm missing something, but is there no tasteless movie this year?

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the Do It Yourself Bukkake panel disturbingly long?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • The GeekNights/Podcasting + Internet Radio panel is Sunday morning at 10:00AM in Panel 4.

There is another podcasting panel known as "Podcasting the Right Stuf" in Theater 1 at 10:00AM on Saturday. That is not us. That is The Right Stuf International's(TRSI) podcast. You know, those are the guys who send out the huge anime catalogs. They have a corporate podcast, and I guess they got a panel for it. Our panel is about podcasting in general, not about GeekNights.

As for the tasteless movie. Video room #5 is the live action room this year. I have researched many of the listed movies, and while none seem to be quite as tasteless as those in the past, some of them are quite terrible. Friday night you have Lady Terminator. The tagline for the film is "She mates, then she terminates." Definite potential. Also, Art of the Devil 2 supposedly starts out slowly and ends with some ultra-violence after 40 minutes of boringness. Jigoku I'm not sure of, because there are three movies listed by that name, but they all have to do with hell. I think jigoku is the word for hell in Japanese. Sex and Fury also seems to have potential. I don't know if it's ultra-violent. But it is definitely a strong combination of T+A with violence abound. I'm sure once we get the full con book with descriptions of all the movies, we will find something in video room 5 to carry on our tradition.
  • Ah, good. Wouldn't be a con without some sort of awful movie.
  • Have you seen that there's an uncut version of ichi the iller on dvd?
  • Have you seen that there's an uncut version of ichi the iller on dvd?
    Yes, we watched it at Otakon 3 years ago.
  • I'm not sure what exactly you were asking, ciel mort, but Ichi the Killer is on Amazon.com.
  • I'm just saying.
  • Are you going to be recording/podcasting the panel?
  • Are you going to be recording/podcasting the panel?
    Is the sun more evil than Hitler?
  • I guess it's no, since the sun is a object and like a gun or a bag of wheat cannot hold the properties of Good or Evil until you use it for good or evil!

*Scott Focuses the rays of sunlight for GOOD!*
  • I focus the rays of sunlight IN YOUR EYE!
  • WAAAAAAAGGGHH! You missed Scott and hit me, asshole.
  • edited July 2006
    /me hands amethisttomoe an eyepatch.

Arrrr!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Eyepatches were actually used to alter your eye's perception of the amount of light in your environment. Pirates/sailors used them if they were going to be below deck a lot, since it caused they're eyes to think the area was darker than it actually was, thus increasing there ability to see in low-light.

Also, I think Lady Terminator sounds like a must-see. But I'll be damned if one of my favorite Otakon moments wasn't seeing Ichi the Killer. Well, more so seeing some of my friends not enjoying it, and the large amount of people that more or less ran away after the first 15 minutes.

I wonder if there's any chance Rickio (this may be spelled wrong) will ever get shown at Otakon.
  • edited July 2006
    I appreciate the gAAAAARRRRRb, apreche.

Lady Terminator sounds awesome!
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • Fuck you all really. My Nana is taking me out to dinner before I take her to hydrotherapy tonight. Bet you won't do anything that interesting.
  • Fuck you all really. My Nana is taking me out to dinner before I take her to hydrotherapy tonight. Bet you won't do anything that interesting.
    Hydrotherapy? That sonds like a bunch of quack bullshit to me. You might want to research it online, so you can make sure it isn't a waste of money. I'm betting it is. Go back and listen to our old show on pseudoscience, and read JREF regularly.
  • Hydrotherapy is physiotherapy in the water, it allows people who can't do weight bearing exercises or who, like my grandmother, aren't allowed to walk that much on hard surfaces. In the water people can get more mobility and can do many exercises that they couldn't do on land. Its not crazy shit like using the power of water to heal your chi or anything, just walking around and doing stretches in the water.
  • Hydrotherapy is physiotherapy in the water, it allows people who can't do weight bearing exercises or who, like my grandmother, aren't allowed to walk that much on hard surfaces. In the water people can get more mobility and can do many exercises that they couldn't do on land. Its not crazy shit like using the power of water to heal your chi or anything, just walking around and doing stretches in the water.
    Cool, just gotta check on these things.
  • I'm happy I could help. I'm glad I have not seen my grandmother and other elderly people in their bathers for nothing.
  • Hydrotherapy is a great thing. Increadibly low impact for poor joints and the nature of water is that you use muscles that you never touch on land so it's excellent exercise. And not just for the elderly, either. I have some distant cousin on my Mom's side that I met for the first time a couple weeks ago. He was overweight but not bad but my fam was telling me that he used to be horribly obese until he started water aerobics. He weighed so much he couldn't do a lot of regular exercises but he started going to the pool everday and it really helped him out.

Hydrotherapy: It's good for ya!
  • Gentle douches can be carried out with a watering can or hose. The water should not splash, but gently envelop the skin. The water stream should always be directed from the periphery toward the heart. After douching, stroke off excess water, dress, and exercise.

Apparently there are different types of douches: knee, thigh, lower back, chest, face and neck.

Ooookaay...so I guess douche doesn't mean what I thought it meant, cause I don't feel the need to douche my face.
  • I just came back from yasumicon, it was awesome! (Just like most cons.)
  • I listened to a big chunk of Wednesday's show while coming into work today and they said that the cheap DVDs where from BuyRight. I have not been able to find their website in either a google or yahoo search. Anyone have the link?

Notice: I am prepared for any and all kinds of berating for this request.
  • http://www.buyritedvd.com/

You probably didn't figure out that URL because they spell right as rite. FYI, one of Rym's pet peeves is when people spell night as nite or light as lite. Personally, I do not recommend buying DVDs from buyrite unless they are at a convention. Their website is more expensive than their convention appearance, and they have minimum order requirements.

If you absolutely must buy DVDs online, there are two places which I know have relatively good prices.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/
    http://www.amazon.com

Anyone know any other good places to get cheap DVDs online besides ebay (which is mostly teh bootleg)?
  • Netflix. ^_~
  • edited August 2006
    Netflix. ^_~
    rite.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited August 2006
    Discount Anime DVD has had some good deals in my experience. Their customer service is lacking, however, and they do sell a lot of bootlegs, but as long as you stick to their domestic selection and only order what's in stock right now then you should be fine.
    Post edited by Phantasos on