This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

search not working....

edited August 2006 in Forum Stuff
Hey is anyone having problems with the search thingie?

Comments

• works fine here.
  • why search the forum?
  • Works for me too. What exactly is wrong?
  • edited August 2006
    Kiey, I wanted to look for an old post just to reference what someone said. I wasn't sure where it was. Instead of going through each and every post to find it, the search makes it easier for lazy ol' me.

The livesearch comments tool on the top left hand corner is the culprit. It seems like it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for showing me the tab Trogdor. I honestly didn't notice it.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • edited August 2006
    The live search works. You type something into it and the results appear directly below it without pressing enter or anything. The live search is really more of a quick search when you know what you're looking for. If you want to do a real search you should use the search tab. This forum has a lot of fancy features that aren't immediately obvious. I encourage everyone to poke around and see some of the things this forum can do. Also, visit this site.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • That live search is pretty cool.
  • I believe the live search does not search the whole forum history. The text above the box changes depending on where you are. If you are looking at the list of topics, then live search looks only in the list of thread topics. If you are viewing a thread then it searches comments in that thread only (I think).
  • I believe the live search does not search the whole forum history. The text above the box changes depending on where you are. If you are looking at the list of topics, then live search looks only in the list of thread topics. If you are viewing a thread then it searches comments in that thread only (I think).
    You are correct.