This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Charm and beauty are getting the best of me, my only option is to ask that girl on a date. I have decided that Wednesday will be the day. And if she says no then I regret nothing.
  • Charm and beauty are getting the best of me, my only option is to ask that girl on a date. I have decided that Wednesday will be the day. And if she says no then I regret nothing.
    To quote a wise man:

"Ask every girl you like out, and like every girl."
  • When I was younger I had trouble asking a guy out. Maybe it goes away with age? Meh.

I was reading a manga today and I remembered how I used to go out with guys in HS just because it was expected of me to "fit in" or "be normal." Or just to prove that even "that girl" can have a guy. Man, I was such a dumb teenager! XD
  • Eh, I went to an all boys high school... didn't do much dating!
  • To quote a wise man:

"Ask every girl you like out, and like every girl."
    That reminds me of my plan to wear a pin that says "__ people have turned me down" before prom with a ticker.
  • This may not be a date story per-se, but I really feel like I should let this closely held memory out as I've kept it that way since I was around 13 or 14.

I don't quite remember when this all occurred as I'm terrible when it comes months, dates, days, etc. I fell in love with a girl named Bayne Sherwood (it's probably an old English name, but that's beside the point), but I was too shy to tell her how I really feel. Despite that, we were friends and we talked about all kinds of things. One day however, she asked if she could talk to me alone. I was somewhat confused, but I agreed anyway. It was there and then that Bayne told me that she really loves me. Now this just blows me away because I was not expecting this to happen. I was both happy and confused at the same time, but I brushed that feeling off and I got the courage to tell her that I truly loved her as well. She was so happy but she said that we couldn't date yet as her parents probably wouldn't let her yet. That was fine with me, and for the next year or so we spent all of our time together, yet we didn't kiss as she wasn't ready yet, but it didn't matter. During that time we also talked a lot, like every couple does and we learned more about each other than we thought we knew.

Then, all that happiness and love was whisked away when something terrible happened. One day Bayne looked really depressed, and she avoided me for some reason. I thought it best that I let her cool down, and then maybe she'll open up to me. After a few days of this depression I asked her what was wrong, then she unveiled the terrible truth to me: she had to move (I think it was somewhere in either the Midwest or the West; I can't remember which).

At that exact moment I started to cry and I felt like my heart had been wripped in half. She also started to sob as well which made me even worse. Bear in mind at this time neither of us had e-mail nor did we know our phone numbers, so contact was not possible. On the day she had to move, both me and her said goodbye to each other. She then kissed me with tears rolling down her face, I did the same as well. After that, it became nearly impossible for me to start a to talk to a girl or even ask them out. Bayne was my girl, and we were torn apart by forces beyond our control. I still think about her every now and then, and I hope I will find her someday, so we can talk to each other again.
  • edited April 2008
    You didn't know your phone number when you were 13?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I don't have any funny stories to tell, but my thing is that I'd rather continue to be friends with my exes, even after breaking up with them. That's pretty much worked, even though it's a little frustrating at first to let them go to the next person, especially if I hate the new boyfriend/girlfriend. And it hurts something hard when they go to a guy. ^_^;

"I turned them -straight-?! Damn it!"
  • You didn't know your phone number when you were 13?
    I didn't know a lot of things when I was thirteen, mostly cause my parents were usually away so I was usually stuck with a bitch of a nanny who never told me anything and wouldn't let me leave the household. My parents eventually fired her, and got a new one who was less of a bitch but she still didn't let me leave the house as much as I wanted to.
  • edited April 2008
    Haha. There was a girl who followed me around in the seventh/eighth/part-of-ninth grade who never washed her hair, brushed her teeth, or showered/used deodorant. Needless to say, I was repulsed by her. After 2.2 years of trying to get close to me she decided that she was a lesbian.

[Edit: In tangential response to Kage's comment]
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Haha. There was a girl who followed me around in the seventh/eighth/part-of-ninth grade who never washed her hair, brushed her teeth, or showered/used deodorant. Needless to say, I was repulsed by her. After 2.2 years of trying to get close to me she decided that she was a lesbian.

[Edit: In tangential response to Kage's comment]
    Dammit. We don't need any more of them. >>; We get such a bad rep as is! No chance of you finding her and trying to make her straight again?
  • Since somebody mentioned Prom, I feel like telling my Prom story.

So during the few months before my junior Prom I was dating some stupid boy, and of course we planned on going together. He paid for my ticket and the limo and everything. Then we broke up because, like I said, he was stupid. However he said he would still go with me, even if he got a new girlfriend. A day after we broke up he got a new girlfriend. And when I showed up for Prom, she was there with him, and got the corsage and everything. Because he paid for my spot in the limo, I had to ride with them and watch them make out. That was fun. Then of course when we got there they totally ditched me, and I ended up sitting at a table alone (I'm not the dancing party type). My friends weren't there yet, because everybody knows the best part about Prom is getting dressed up and partying before the thing and showing up an hour before its over.

Anyway, some guy sat next to me and started talking to me, and I found out my ex bfs new gf was his ex gf, and she did the same exact thing to him (said she would go with him but ditched him, although he arrived on his own). So like an episode in some gay high school drama t.v. show, we ended up dating after that.

The next time I went to Prom I went with a girl (she was an underclassmen and needed an upperclassmen to get her a ticket) and my friends, and we partied beforehand and showed up an hour before it was over. Yay! :)
  • So during the few months before my junior Prom I was dating some stupid boy, and of course we planned on going together. He paid for my ticket and the limo and everything. Then we broke up because, like I said, he was stupid. However he said he would still go with me, even if he got a new girlfriend. A day after we broke up he got a new girlfriend. And when I showed up for Prom, she was there with him, and got the corsage and everything. Because he paid for my spot in the limo, I had to ride with them and watch them make out. That was fun. Then of course when we got there they totally ditched me, and I ended up sitting at a table alone (I'm not the dancing party type). My friends weren't there yet, because everybody knows the best part about Prom is getting dressed up and partying before the thing and showing up an hour before its over.
    What a pain. I hope you have better luck with your love life now...
  • Yeah, Prom doesn't exist in college (unless you're a sorostitute, of course). ^_~
  • Yeah, Prom doesn't exist in college (unless you're a sorostitute, of course). ^_~
    Thank god, who knows what I would do with that form of pressure.
  • As Rym said in a past episode: "Don't go to the prom, just go to a cool party elsewhere".
  • "Don't go to the prom, just go to a cool party elsewhere".
    Well, it depends. Because most anti-proms are just drunken ragers. In order there to be a "cool party", all the stars have to align where none of your friends are not at all interested in going to prom. Only then can an awesome anti-prom be had.
  • You didn't know your phone number when you were 13?
    I didn't know a lot of things when I was thirteen, mostly cause my parents were usually away so I was usually stuck with a bitch of a nanny who never told me anything and wouldn't let me leave the household. My parents eventually fired her, and got a new one who was less of a bitch but she still didn't let me leave the house as much as I wanted to.
    Read The Alchemist , it will give you piece of mind.
  • edited May 2008
    Here's a question. I just had an incredibly awkward and bumbling attempt at asking someone to prom. But the problem is, instead of saying no when like you're supposed to when an idiot makes a fool of himself like that, she said yes and the conversation ended rather abruptly and inconclusively.

The next time I talk to her, do I
    a. mention it.
    or
    b. ignore it.

Edited out the wordiness.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2008
    I'd say neither. Why don't you want to talk about it?

Edit: Inconclusively? She answered your question, didn't she? ^^
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • Why don't you want to talk about it?
    Option "a" is talking about it.
  • to prevent any further conversations like it
    I guess I'm misunderstanding something..
  • edited May 2008
    I guess I'm misunderstanding something..
    I have a terrible tendency for wordiness. To rephrase, do I talk about the awkward conversation next time I see her or not. The reason for talking about it being so that our conversations don't continue to be awkward, especially since they never were before. The reason for not talking about it being that maybe it really doesn't matter.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have a terrible tendency for wordiness. To rephrase, do I talk about the awkward conversation next time I see her or not. The reason for talking about it being so that our conversations don't continue to be awkward, especially since they never were before.
    You need more self-confidence. If she didn't want to go with you, she would have said no. If you talk to her or see her, don't act like it's awkward and make sure you are confident in yourself.
  • I guess I'm misunderstanding something..
    I have a terrible tendency for wordiness. To rephrase, do I talk about the awkward conversation next time I see her or not. The reason for talking about it being so that our conversations don't continue to be awkward, especially since they never were before. The reason for not talking about it being that maybe it really doesn't matter.
    Look man. Did she agree to go to the prom with you?

Try keeping your eye on the prize, so to speak. You probably get sidetracked playing the "what if" game or imagining different scenarios in your head. If she agreed to go to the prom with you, then the next time you see her, make the specifics of the plan. When would you meet up, etc. Don't bring up the fact that there was an awkward conversation; the conversation got to your endpoint, so go from that endpoint to the next block of conversation.
  • jccjcc
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, Prom doesn't exist in college (unless you're a sorostitute, of course). ^_~
    What ever happened to just calling them sorority girls?
    Post edited by jcc on
  • edited May 2008
    If you talk to her or see her, don't act like it's awkward and make sure you are confident in yourself.
    Yeah, ok. Tbh, I asked someone else a few days ago and got a no so that probably killed my confidence a little bit. It also doesn't help that my female best friend has been pressuring me to find someone else. Not to say I'm not as happy with who I'm going with now, if anything I'm happier ^^
    If she agreed to go to the prom with you, then the next time you see her, make the specifics of the plan. When would you meet up, etc.
    Ok, got it. Thanks.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Although, if it does end up being an actual relationship, it might end up being a funny thing to talk about.
  • I've been going out with a Korean girl for about one and half years now, its amazing. I met her in India during my travels.

None of my relationships lasted more then two months before that, yup, happy man.