This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

GeoGeo
edited April 2008 in Movies
Hearing Scott make a Borat reference in the "underwear" episode inspired me to make this thread.

What is your opinion on the (in my opinion) absolutely hilarious move Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan?

Personally I think it is both the most hilarious/disgusting movie I've ever seen, but the disgusting aspects of it is mitigated by just how side splittingly funny it is.

Comments

• I really found it not be that funny, compared to what Sacha Cohen has done as Ali G. in his shows or in the Ali G. movie. Though I really did find the egg-laying Jews hilarious. ^^

Check out these if you liked Borat:

Terrorists
    Harvard Speech I - Hilarious! ^^
  • edited April 2008
    I liked it. Not worth me going to the theater to see but it entertained me a lot.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • If I made a Borat reference, it was entirely a coincidence. I have never seen it, though I do know that it exists.
  • I have mixed feelings about the Borat movie. I'm a big fan of his show (at least the HBO show -- I haven't seen much of the British version), but I feel that the humor doesn't come from his characters -- it comes from the way he makes real people react to his characters. That's 99% of what his show is about. The Borat movie, however, had way too much of the Borat-and-his-manager-being-zany stuff, which I don't find funny at all. There were some gems to be found from the real people -- the rodeo in particular was amazing. But just Cohen being Borat? Not very funny. If you want an extreme example of this, check out the Ali G movie, which is a completely scripted, "normal" movie. Actually, really, don't.
  • Hearing Scott make a Borat reference in the "underwear" episode inspired me to make this thread.

What is your opinion on the (in my opinion) absolutely hilarious moveBorat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan?

Personally I think it is both the most hilarious/disgusting movie I've ever seen, but the disgusting aspects of it is mitigated by just how side splittingly funny it is.
    I think what made this movie even funnier to me is that when I went to the theater to see it, I've never ever heard every single member of the audience groan both in disgust or how stupid something was in my life.