This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite ways to get manga and comics

2»

Comments

• If it was free it would be awesome.
    And digital. Have you seen how monstrous the thing is? Who needs two phone books worth of paper every month?
    A free version online would be nice. Screw paper! Use it for the comics!
  • Well, sometimes the owner will get to know you well enough to just let you look through it. My boss actually gives a free Previews to the guys who have a regular comic file. There's only a few that want it though - most just hear of series they want to read and ask her to put it on their lists. Other times they just look through the store copy, although usually they want to check to see if a certain figurine or comic book is coming out.
  • Gah. Why can't they just make a downloadable PDF?
  • edited May 2008
    Well, sometimes the owner will get to know you well enough to just let you look through it. My boss actually gives a free Previews to the guys who have a regular comic file. There's only a few that want it though - most just hear of series they want to read and ask her to put it on their lists. Other times they just look through the store copy, although usually they want to check to see if a certain figurine or comic book is coming out.
    Most of the other people who use the mail pre-order service I use buy their very own copy of Previews every month. Some of them even collect all the catalogs because they are OCD comic collectors.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Gah. Why can't they just make a downloadable PDF?
    We're talking about Diamond here.
  • edited May 2008
    Gah. Why can't they just make a downloadable PDF?
    We're talking about Diamond here.
    Goddammit.

In the back of my mind I knew that.

The American comics industry is so broken.
    Post edited by Funfetus on