This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080501 - The Lounge

edited May 2008 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, Rym and Scott usher in a new era in Thursday shows, hopefully for the better.

Scott’s Thing - Google Charts
Rym’s Thing - The Shoe Tree

Comments

• Oh, good. Thursdays have kind of been sucking for a long while.
  • edited May 2008
    Hmm... It was an interesting show, although it seemed more like a really long Geeknights Special.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The people demand more zombie episodes!
  • I like what the future holds. Thursdays have indeed been sucking. The Thursday archives are gold, though.
  • The people demand more zombie episodes!
    YES! Zombies Part 3 Please!
    I like what the future holds. Thursdays have indeed been sucking. The Thursday archives are gold, though.
    Oh yeah. This morning I loaded my mp3 player with a ton of Thurday shows and listened to at least 20 episodes while working.
  • Dude, The Barge was one of the most amazing episodes ever. That's the kind of Thursdays we need.
  • I want live skype shows.
  • With regards to your RSS feed idea, if you want to make it so that the listeners can customise the RSS feed they subscribe to, I believe Gametrailers.com has something like that where users can specify the types of videos and articles that will show up on their feed reader. The feed is generated using a simple check-box form that the user completes.
    Why?
  • I say skype in interviews on thursday. These don't have to be the most famous people in the world, but if you can get either a blogger or cool website guy on that be nice.
  • With regards to your RSS feed idea, if you want to make it so that the listeners can customise the RSS feed they subscribe to, I believe Gametrailers.com has something like that where users can specify the types of videos and articles that will show up on their feed reader. The feed is generated using a simple check-box form that the user completes.
    The GT.com system SUCKS, tho. I tried to get a feed of just AVGN episodes, and spent about 10 minutes before I gave up.
    You could just use Yahoo pipes to customize the feed yourself. It's pretty simple once you play around with it for a few minutes.
    Why?
    It just seems like it would be really cool. Live just feels cool.
  • Actually, live is an option now. Maybe we'll try it next Thursday.
  • Maybe geeknights thursdays could be a recording of a forum skype chat?
    Well, I mean, we would love that, but would all the listeners who aren't on the forum?
  • That would just make them want to join the forum.
  • How about more Emily in the lounge?
  • Yay~! Yeah, more me!
    I second that motion.
    I second that motion.
    Third'D!
    That would just make them want to join the forum.
    Damn straight! Thus it's a good idea.
    Actually, live is an option now. Maybe we'll try it next Thursday.
    Happy! ^_^
    I second that motion.
    Third'D!
    Fourth'd, whatever the Lounge is (has yet to listen, currently listening to the wednesday episode), it'll be better with Emily.
    Fifth'd!
    Fifth'd!
    Six'd? Also, adding more feeds without some means to manage it will be confusing. hell, it's pretty confusing as it is now.
  • How is it confusing. They are all labeled accordingly.
  • jccjcc
    edited May 2008
    I enjoy the reaction that occurs whenever a male geek is given the opportunity to listen to, stand near, smell, touch, or rummage through the garbage of a potentially pretty girl who seems to remotely share their interests. :)

That said, fifth'd, because any possible way of inserting a third person into the phrase "Rym n' Scott" can only end in hilarity. :D
    Post edited by jcc on
  • Fifth'd!
    You mean "thirded"? That is if rhinocero seconded the idea you are quoting there. *sighs* Look at the depth of your quote perhaps?

As for it might get confusing, doubt it. Every podcast will probably be properly labeled anyways, else I doubt Rym and Scott will link the podcast in that feed.
  • I'll throw in my enthusiasm for Thursday Skype shows with the forum. I'd love to hear what Scrym have to say to their forum-goers live on Skype. :) I'd love to get in on that action myself too, but I always have to work late Thursday nights. So I guess I'd just have to listen, but that's okay.

Also, fifth'd! for Emily being in the lounge. ^^
  • edited May 2008
    Man, that shoe tree, I've driven by that quite a few times and I'm pretty sure that is the same one. Yay Michigan! You guys should do a Michigan episode, as I live in northern Michigan and would really appreciate it. Is anyone else on here form Northern Michigan?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
    Wouldn't that end up sounding like a giant clusterfuck?
    5-20 people (yeah, wide assumption, but I dunno how many people would be online during that time, or how many people here have skype and a mic) all talking...probably at the same time. Not a fun thing to listen to.
    Now, if somehow, there was some structure to it, it would be awesome. Otherwise it would end badly.