This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Serial experiment Lain.

edited August 2006 in Anime
I only watched the first episode and it looks good, but I want to know your opinions.

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Watch it backwards - then it might actually make sense.

In all seriousness, it's a damn good mindfuck show, definitely one of my favorites.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I will put in on my Netflix list.
  • Very good show. Hope you dig it.
  • Every time I read this title I see "sexual experiment Lain" which confuses me.
  • I'm sure you aren't the first to have that idea. Hell, I'm betting there's already a dojinshi with that exact name floating somewhere.
  • Same thing happened to me with xxxholic but that WAS the title ,It's a so-so anime.
  • This is my favorite anime ever. You may be somewhat put off after the first few episodes, but stick with it. It's confusing as hell... but definitely worth it. Enjoy.
  • edited August 2006
    I just finished watching it and I have one word to say: God danm.

See, I even change my name because of it.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited August 2006
    Posted By: The wired.
    OH SHI-

Anyways, I really enjoyed Lain, despite the fact that I felt the ending was slightly lackluster. I'll say that about just about anything tho ...
    Post edited by konistehrad on
  • Posted By: The wired.
    OH SHI-

Anyways, I really enjoyed Lain, despite the fact that I felt the ending was slightly lackluster. I'll say that about just about anything tho ...
    I also agree the ending is lackluster. If I would have known beforhand I would have pretended the last episode doesn't exist. The second to last episode is a pretty good ending.
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah I agreed.

On the last moment I was expecting Arisu to go WTF then ask for an explanation.
  • I need to see this. I've consistently heard and seen that it's about what I would consider the perfect anime. But Goddamn, every time I sit down to watch it I get called off to do something else.
  • It was an ok show, I think. It would probably be better to watch it with a friend or two so you can argue about whats happening in the slow spots. What I really liked were all the MIT references. Like the Knights of the Lambda*cough* I mean Eastern Calculus.
  • edited August 2006
    Strangely, the thing I loved most about the show was the opening song. ("Duvet" by boa.)
    I Have been searching for a tab of it.
  • edited September 2006
    I watched Lain all the way back when is was first coming out, I think, and I had to wait for the DVD releases, so there were a lot of rewatches. I think in order to watch it and have it make any sense, it's best to watch each DVD a couple times before you move onto the next one.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I saw this right after watching The Matrix, which added a neat perspective. But Lain was never a favorite for me because of the pacing; I had the same problem watching Paranoia Agent. I honestly prefer the whole cheesy shounen fighting crap, which is why I've been obsessed with Bleach lately. When the main protagonist has to get the crap kicked out of him before he can spontaneously level up enough to kick the asses of awesome villains, that's anime gold.
  • edited September 2006
    I prefer a deep story with good characters: fighting is okay but not needed.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2006
    I definitely prefer a philosophical anime over action oriented anime; then again, this is coming from a guy who used to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey over and over when he was 5.
    Post edited by Rym on