This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Samurai Jack

JayJay
edited May 2008 in Anime
So I'm going through the archive of Geeknigths and was listening to Geeknights 060302 episode were Samurai Jack was mentioned. So I figured "Hey, I bet there was an awesome Jack thread that spawned from this episode" I look...and nothing! You give Avatar so much play and you don't mention the Jack? Shame on you front row crew forums...shame!

So, I hope im not the only person here that loved this show. I remember it being excellent to watch after a long day, since it had no story and was just hilarious and great fight scenes. Just watch and let your mind take a break. If any of you like Gurren Lagann and havent seen this I recommended you do so immediately. It appeals to the same manly centerers of the brain.

(ohh and I know Samurai Jack isnt anime but its a cartoon and I think it fits here more then "everything else")

Comments

• Samurai Jack is awesome. I'm really thinking about purchasing the DVDs in the near future.
  • Does Avatard need to come up in every discussion?
  • I know I will buy them the next time I see them around. This show is universally the most loved show in my social group from our early high school years. It never really had an ending though. Real shame. I was hopping at some point at least a final movie direct to DVD would come out or something.
  • Who didn't love this show is a better question.
    I remember writing what amounted to a fan fiction of it in 5th grade.

My favorite episode was when Jack helped out a tribe of weak aliens who basically kidnapped him from a bar. There was a giant fight scene where Jack just rips through an army of Aku's robot beetles. It was a two part episode if I remember right.
  • edited May 2008
    Samuria Jack? Who is this Samuria Jack? I know of Samurai Jack, and that show was awesome, especially the Scotsman. The theme song was also totally awesome. NOTE: I tried to embed the theme song, but I fail at embedding YouTube.
    Now for an Avatar connection: the voice of Aku was done by the original voice of Iroh, Mako Iwamatsu.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Ohh snap. Corrections made.
  • Genndy Tartakovsky is a wonderful man.
    He totally is, if one guy can bring us Dexter's Laboratory, the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, and Star Wars: Clone Wars, that man should be revered on high as one of the gods of Animation.
  • I know I will buy them the next time I see them around. This show is universally the most loved show in my social group from our early high school years. It never really had an ending though. Real shame. I was hopping at some point at least a final movie direct to DVD would come out or something.
    Although there is no definitive ending in one of the episodes it basically tells you Jack's future.
  • I loved that show but I kept missing it all the bloody time.

Pity I'm such a failure with having a proper TV-watching schedule - there was only one very depressing year in which I was caught up in all shows, all the time.
  • Samurai Jack was awesome and I was sad when it got canceled.
  • if one guy can bring us Dexter's Laboratory, the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, and Star Wars: Clone Wars, that man should be revered on high as one of the gods of Animation.
  • At times, Samurai Jack was more art than ordinary cartoon.
    He totally is, if one guy can bring us Dexter's Laboratory, the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, and Star Wars: Clone Wars, that man should be revered on high as one of the gods of Animation.
    If only he would make another show...
  • JayJay
    edited May 2008
    At times, Samurai Jack was moreartthan ordinary cartoon.
    Agreed. The episode where Jack fights the black ninja in the shadow and light building, with the sun setting. Excellent work.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • Best episode of Jack is the one where he fights the 3 blind monks with a blindfold on. That one was fantastic!
  • Best episode of Jack is the one where he fights the 3 blind monks with a blindfold on. That one was fantastic!
    The rabbit hole episode is far superior.
  • I really need to watch more of this. I liked what I did see which was very little. Only one or two episodes.
    The rabbit hole episode is far superior.
    I think you are all forgetting the episode where Jack gets turned into a chicken to do cock fights. Not only does this display how poultry would perform martial arts, it also features the most bad ass gangster accordion song in history. I used to have it back in the day but it got lost with a hard drive format. If anyone knowns what it is please tell me. It is perfect cell phone ringer material.
  • I never got to watch as much Samurai Jack as I wanted because it was on at bad times, and my TV watching was on the decline. Despite this, about half the time I was able to watch the show, it was always the same episode. It was the one with the archers in the tower guarding the magic well. I didn't mind seeing that episode so many times, because it was a zillion times better than all the other episodes I saw.
  • Does Avatard need to come up in every discussion?
    Yeah I mean, hasn't everyone just put that crap behind themselves. It's ridiculous.
  • The greatest episode ever was when he was in the middle of a long bridge and he encountered an scottish warrior, but neither of them wanted to let the other one pass so they started to fight and then out of the blue a bunch of monsters started to appear so theyt had to help each other to survive an epic battle.
    Yeah, that episode was my favorite.
  • It's the first thing I'm buying this summer when I get a job. I loved that show so much and I ever played the game. I would write a long post about how much I love it but....I don't want to waste my time. It was an awesome show and I got in late because they were on reruns by the time I got cable T.V.
  • Love and miss Samurai Jack, RIP.
  • You need mourn no more: They're making a comic, and it's going to be awesome. The writer, Jim Zub, has been doing the awesome SkullKickers, and the pages the artist has posted at his blog look amazing.
  • edited August 2013
    Wish they could just continue the animation, or just do a film for a finale.

Comic books lack that feel you get with audio.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • I will miss the soundtrack.
    But, if they're successful, maybe the show will come back as a film or something. :3