This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• Haha, I'll give you that.
  • And, regarding Clatter, the chicks voice is grating. I'll stick with Yeah Yeah Yeahs for that type of music.

Also not metal.
  • the chicks voice is grating
    /agree. But she sure as hell can play bass.
  • On topic: My friend is way into this band Within Temptation. I think they're pretty good.
  • edited April 2008
    WITHIN TEMPTATION!! \\m/

As for actual content....

Apocalyptica - life burns
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • On topic: My friend is way into this band Within Temptation. I think they're pretty good.
    God, haven't listened to them over a year. Should bump their albums in my playlists. Though, how is it on topic? I thought Within Temptation was just rock. At least, I personally wouldn't classify it as Metal.
  • Though, how is it on topic? I thought Within Temptation was just rock.
    This thread has more or less become the "Post Bands With Loud Guitars" thread.
  • edited April 2008
    Apocalyptica has cellos. <.<
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Apocalyptica has cellos. <.<</p>
    And Lauri from The Rasmus has an awesome voice. And since this thread has dropped from Metal to just loud guitars I'll throw in The Rasmus.

Still a good song.
  • Fine, here's something that's undeniably metal, you jerks.

We need TheWhaleShark in here to clean this mess up.
  • edited April 2008

Ask and you shall receive.

EDIT: Lightning Bolt is a noise band, for those that don't know. Not a fan, myself, but I've been told they're good noise, if you're into that sort of thing. Merzbow is also good noise.

I'd really like to enjoy noise music, but I really just can't. I appreciate the idea, but the execution is, well, just a bunch of noise.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I think I've had my mind blown.
    It's symphonic METAL.
    It'ssymphonic METAL.
    It's cello metal!
  • It's symphonic METAL.
    It's cello metal!
    fine, whatever
  • There's a difference. I mean, you not going to classify Joey Joe jo's band as "progressive blackened Australian war-death metal band with industrial influences" without knowing what it means.

I do not condone super long genre names though. XD
  • Melodic Progressive Blackened Deathgrindcore FTW
  • Well, blackened Melo-progressive industrial wardeathgringgorecore metal with drone influences is where it's at.
  • Well,blackened Melo-progressive industrial wardeathgringgorecore metal with drone influencesis where it's at.
    Eh, the scene's just not the same anymore.
  • All you need is Winger. Their cover of Purple Haze is better than Jimi Hendrix's
  • All you need is Winger. Their cover of Purple Haze is better than Jimi Hendrix's
    New Winger is good too.
  • I recently picked up Protest the Hero's new album, Fortress. It's awesome and I totally recommend it. Below is their newest music video for a song of the album.
  • Daath is band I recommend, check them out.
  • edited May 2008

Tera Melos. The drums are a bit too loud, but I still like it.

And some Hella.
    Post edited by whatever on

• Rock Rock On.
  • That PTH song is very not bad.

Daath is now my new favorite band.
    Very not bad? Fail for double negatives.
    Very not bad? Fail for double negatives.
    How the heck is that a double negative? The song is a bit beyond "not bad" but not quite at the "pretty good" stage.
  • How the heck is that a double negative? The song is a bit beyond "not bad" but not quite at the "pretty good" stage.
    It's just a weird phrase, I've never heard anyone describe something in that manner...