This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080513 - Citadels

jccjcc
edited May 2008 in Board Games
Tonight on GeekNights, we review the board/card game Citadels. We skimp on the news, and pretty much just get on with it.

Scott’s Thing - Missile Command with touching
Rym’s Thing - Robin Hood: Prince of Bad Games

Comments

• I rented Prince of Thieves when I was a kid, but I couldn't figure out how to get inside the castle to see Marian. ^^;
  • I remember playing Robin Hood back in the day. I remember it being really epic in depth and couldn't wrap my little kid head around it.
  • I remember playing Robin Hood back in the day. I remember it being really epic in depth and couldn't wrap my little kid head around it.
    Please don't post the same thing five times.
  • It's my birthday today. Last night I had a party and one of my gifts was a card game "Ohne Furcht und Adel". I didn't recognise the name, but soon worked out it was Citadels. I've only played it with 6 players before, and that was years ago, so I'm looking forward to some two player action.

I was given another card game too, called Ligretto. Or Dutch Blitz, according to Game Board Geek. I played this for the first time on Saturday but was playing against a girl who is obviously very good. It's a very fast, very fun game, and it is a "real time" game where you don't take turns. A bit like Falling, but not as quick. If you've not played Falling, you should check that out too.
  • Just starting to listen to this episode. I own citidels and my copy is pretty well worn. It's a pretty big favorite in our group due to it's speed and easy to learn play. The thing that keeps people coming back is the "which character did you pick this time?" mechanic that keeps you guessing what your friends are doing.
  • edited June 2011
    Just picked up a copy of Citadels yesterday on the vague recollection of Rym and Scott reviewing the game. Played the game with a group of 4. The four player game rules have 3 roles that are out of each round of play. 2 face up and 1 face down. Which made it easier to guess who had what but also allowed for some worry free rounds of not getting killed or having all your gold stolen. I got psyched out thinking another player had the thief card and so choose the Assassin card to kill the thief only to find out at the nobody had the thief card. Doh! Game is a lot of fun and works really well in a party setting.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on