This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wierd Russian Experiments of the 1940's Movie: Dog head staying alive, reviving dead animals

edited August 2006 in Everything Else
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiq3K_26MWc

This is one of the wierdest, cruelest things you will ever see. Don't stop watching. Go all the way through.

Personally, I think this is real.

Comments

• I remember seeing this on Digg a little while ago. This kind of science get's dangerously close to the "Let's Boil a Monkey" line. I can see how this kind of research could potentially allow a person to be saved (put their head on ice until you can fabricate a prosthetic body a la GitS) but man, that's just weird.
  • From a purely scientist p.o.v. this is fascinating. It was research like this that helped develop the machine that we have today. I really don't want to get into the ethical aspect. Then again, it is better to start on an animal than a human.
  • It's weird. I could compare it to that one episode of Futurama. Anyway, I'm guessing it would be possible to use a human for this experiment, maybe even using artificial organs. Then we can all live forever.

Wait...no body means...no sex. Well, by the time we get to that age, we probably won't give a shit about sex.
  • I've seen this one before. Personally, I think it's faked. It looks like a unhappy, sedated dog and a bit of creative split-screening.
  • Even if it is fake, scientists today could still pull the same thing off. But still, I think it's real, and actually simple enough to perform in that day and age.
  • Even if it is true I probably wasn't just the Russians, science did wome whacked out things in the 30s and 40s.