This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

McCain and Truthiness

edited May 2008 in Politics
McCain says that, if average American think Ahmandenijad is in total control of Iraq, then that must be the truth. For us in the reality-based community, this is simply not the case.

It raises a question though. Is it safe to run a country based on truthiness or is independent reality still important?

Comments

• Sadly, I think that if you asked the average American who is the leader of Iran, they wouldn't know either of the names.
  • Wow, McCain openly advocates Consensual Reality. I've got to play Mage with that guy some time.
  • How did this guy win the nomination???
    Apparently a majority of people in the GOP thought he was the best they had to offer. The same could have been asked of good ol' GWB when he gave the infamous interview during his run that showed his ignorance of key international political figures. Is a complete lack of knowledge and understanding of international politics now a prerequisite for the Republican Presidential Nominees?
    Apparently a majority of people in the GOP thought he was the best they had to offer. The same could have been asked of good ol' GWB when he gave the infamous interview during his run that showed his ignorance of key international political figures. Is a complete lack of knowledge and understanding of international politics now a prerequisite for the Republican Presidential Nominees?
    In all fairness, the 2000 Primary was McCain vs. Bush towards the end.
    Rush Limbaugh convinced all the real Republicans to vote for Hilary.
    Rush Limbaugh convinced all the real Republicans to vote for Hilary.
    No, that happened after McCain won.
  • I think it's both scary and weird that we even have to say the phrase "reality-based community." I mean, wow.

But it's true; many people aren't part of the reality-based community.