This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Red vs. Blue

edited May 2008 in Video Games
Although I doubt that anybody here is big into the Halo action (I'm not that much even myself) but did anybody ever watch that series? Animation wise it is not that much more than expressionless helmets bobbing up and down but it's a pretty damn funny character comedy underneath.

Comments

• Yeah, I ain't a Halo person but it was a great series to watch.
  • Animation wise it is not that much more than expressionless helmets bobbing up and down but it's a pretty damn funny character comedy underneath.
    Exactly why I didn't follow it. Why did they have to pick Halo of all games ffs?! The only funny parts were the characters, and they could've been put just as well in WoW or any other online game.

Or I just didn't watch it because I didn't care.
  • I've been a fan of this since it started, though certainly not for the animation. Hell, I put the first season on an Audio CD and listened to it. But it was cool to find out how they did certain things (Like panning the camera by standing on the tank turret).
  • I always thought this series was hilarious.
    Church was the best.
  • Church is awesome, though I haven't watched since around 80 or so. What are they on now?
  • Church is awesome, though I haven't watched since around 80 or so. What are they on now?
    THey finished at 100.
  • But there's a new series on the way, though it may not be funny.
  • I used to watch them back when they were funny.
  • I watched the first three seasons, back when I was actually a very big Halo fan. As for the animation, it's nothing spectacular,but to my knowledge they were the first machinima to receive "main stream" attention (there was a New York Times article written about RvB and machinima).
  • Eh, all there god for is GrifBall and a few laughs.
    Halo is awesome end of story.
  • Speaking of the new series of RvB, Episode One is up.
  • I watched through maybe 20 or so episodes a few years ago as a friend of mine was a big Halo fan. I thought it was quite amusing for a while, but then they started concentrating on longer stories with ghosts and stuff, and I just wanted to have shorter jokes between characters. Sounds shallow of me, but I think the format suited that better.