This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• *Laughs Manaically*
    Yes... All the pieces are starting to fall together... Now it's simple a matter of time. Yes. Time.
  • When will they witness the power of the fully armed and operational battle station?
  • I want to get some of that Trust Spray for use in Court. I wonder if you could wear it like cologne . . .
  • I want to get some of that Trust Spray for use in Court. I wonder if you could wear it like cologne . . .
    Time to invent a trust spray detector.
  • edited May 2008
    Eeeeexcellent... And so, the first step in my diabolical plan to bypass the human condition and discover the algorithm for the human mind comes is complete!! Muahahahahaahaa!!
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Time to invent a trust spray detector.
    I'll sell you one. It's coated in trust spray and doesn't work.
  • Done with love.
  • Jason, you are the master of the bitstrips.
  • edited May 2008
    I'll have to admit, such thughts did cross my mind. I'm much more interested in a Trust Spray Cologne, though. Can you imagine walking into a singles bar wearing the Trust Spray Cologne? That would make everything else allllllllllright.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Like in Love Potion Number 9?
  • I'll have to admit, such thughts did cross my mind. I'm much more interested in a Trust Spray Cologne, though. Can you imagine walking into a singles bar wearing the Trust Spray Cologne?
    Ummm... I may be missing something but how would you keep the cologne from affecting you?
  • edited May 2008
    I'll have to admit, such thughts did cross my mind. I'm much more interested in a Trust Spray Cologne, though. Can you imagine walking into a singles bar wearing the Trust Spray Cologne?
    Ummm... I may be missing something but how would you keep the cologne from affecting you?
    The cologne would not affect me because I trust no one. I am immune to any such cologne.
  • edited May 2008
    The Matura Project of the three smartest guy in my class was to make a control device for the disabled that let's them use a PC with their thoughts alone. They hadn't gotten much farther than a cap that let's them measure electrical currents in the brain and make a few samples. They got much praise for it though.

Strangely enough, the project I was involved in also got similar praise for comparably much less effort. We didn't make much more than a robot that can see Duplo stones, drive to them and pick them up with an arm.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited May 2008
    The cologne would not affect me because I trust no one. I am immune to any such cologne. Wow, that was crazy dark. I was just bopping along in this happy little thread and then BAM with the cynicism. I'm not complaining, I am just startled! I trust everyone except myself. I totally try to get in my own pants with false promises of love, but I know that when I wake up the next morning, I will see the same aloof disdain staring right back at me.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Strangely enough, the project I was involved in also got similar praise for comparably much less effort. We didn't make much more than a robot that can seeDuplostones, drive to them and pick them up with an arm.
    Stones? Who calls them stones? They are blocks or bricks, if you prefer, but not stones.

Also, Duplo is the shit!
  • I'll have to admit, such thughts did cross my mind. I'm much more interested in a Trust Spray Cologne, though. Can you imagine walking into a singles bar wearing the Trust Spray Cologne? That would make everything else allllllllllright.
    A car driving along the high way, the inside white with smoke, as it cruises with 80 miles/hour past a police car. Lights flashing, sirens sounding, car stops. The windows are opened and the smoke quickly escapes the car. As the cop approaches the car trust hormone is spread through the car.

"What? No we weren't driving with 80 miles per hour." "No, we weren't smoking weed either, that's illegal dude." "Trust us."

Cop returns to his car.

Also Jason, great stuff. Make more bitstrips replies from now on. XD
  • edited May 2008
    Excuse me Scott. That error comes from the german term for it: Lego/Duplo Steine (sh (like shining)-thy-nay). Brick would be Ziegel (like eagle but with a ts sound before it as in the japanese word tsundere) but nobody refers to them here as that.

(I don't mean anything with the pronunciation descriptions. I just made them for fun)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Excuse me Scott. That error comes from the german term for it: Lego/Duplo Steine (sh (like shining)-thy-nay). Brick would be Ziegel (like eagle but with a ts sound before it as in the japanese word tsundere) but nobody refers to them here as that.
    Interesting.
  • Excuse me Scott. That error comes from the german term for it: Lego/Duplo Steine (sh (like shining)-thy-nay). Brick would be Ziegel (like eagle but with a ts sound before it as in the japanese word tsundere) but nobody refers to them here as that.
    Interesting.
    Kind of like when someone tells you to "fuck off" and then says, "excuse my French." So many things just get lost in the translation.
  • If that trust hormone works, and some level headed person doesn't have the forthought to restrict its use (I'm very against restricting anything that isn't directly harmful to others, but a hormone that can affect your judgment, thats like having aerosol drunk spray) This stuff is going to be in every cologne and perfume known to man. How do you prevent people like car salesmen or lawyers throwing on the stuff. But the most important question of it all, would it help you in the bar. Probably not if your a toad, but it may push the margin in your favor if the member of the opposite sex is sitting on the fence towards if they "like" you or not.
  • The cologne would not affect me because I trust no one. I am immune to any such cologne.
    Wow, that was crazy dark. I was just bopping along in this happy little thread and then BAM with the cynicism. I'm not complaining, I am just startled! I trust everyone except myself. I totally try to get in my own pants with false promises of love, but I know that when I wake up the next morning, I will see the same aloof disdain staring right back at me.
    NO ONE is as cynical as me. I could be the KING of the cynics, but I'm too cynical even for that. Compared to me, Holden Caulfield is a Disney character.
  • Oh, Oh, no, dear god, oh no!
    Quick I better start build the anti-monkey robotic claw arm, hormone, MRI-proof bunker.
  • If that trust hormone works, and some level headed person doesn't have the forthought to restrict its use (I'm very against restricting anything that isn't directly harmful to others, but a hormone that can affect your judgment, thats like having aerosol drunk spray) This stuff is going to be in every cologne and perfume known to man. How do you prevent people like car salesmen or lawyers throwing on the stuff. But the most important question of it all, would it help you in the bar. Probably not if your a toad, but it may push the margin in your favor if the member of the opposite sex is sitting on the fence towards if they "like" you or not.
    Do you really think that in a nation run and overwhelmed by half-wits, dim-wits, and numb-skulls any of this "truth" spray could be used? Would they even know what it is?
  • Do you really think that in a nation run and overwhelmed by half-wits, dim-wits, and numb-skulls any of this "truth" spray could be used? Would they even know what it is?
    This is what always gets me about the Bush-has-an-evil-plan conspiracy theories. He can't be an evil genius poised for some coup at the same time that he's too incompetent to have an Iraq exit strategy.

Of course, the conspiracy buffs could always say the last seven years of ineptitude was all a facade, lulling us into a false sense of security so we are caught off guard by Bush's evil robot-monkey-truth-spray take-over in November, during which he'll rewrite the Constitution in his own image and declare himself Emperor of America.
  • edited June 2008
    Might I remind you that there have been no "crazy conspiracy theories" mentioned in this thread and that the trust spray (not truth spray) reported by Scientific American (a publication not known for espousing "crazy conspiracy theories") appears to be actually real?
  • Development of a spray might be real, but that's not grounds for assuming it would be used on the American populace in order to control them. There's always someone who's willing to take science news and leap to a conclusion that's delusional. I'm not saying it's you, but you've been known to err on the side of paranoia.
  • edited June 2008
    Development of a spray might be real, but that's not grounds for assuming it would be used on the American populace in order to control them. There's always someone who's willing to take science news and leap to a conclusion that's delusional. I'm not saying it's you, but you've been known to err on the side of paranoia.
    1. I never said that it would be used on the American populace in order to control them. I said I want to use it on individual Americans to control them. I want some of that stuff.

2. I do not tend towards paranoia. I have much more life experience than you that has shown to me that, if something bad can happen, it will happen. You might call that pessimism, you might call that cynicism, but it would be error to call it paranoia.

3. Show me somewhere where I said something bad would happen or that something bad has happened that has since been conclusively proven wrong.
  • How about your fear that W was staging to declare martial law so he could pre-emt elections and stay in office indefinitely?
  • edited June 2008
    GWB is not gone yet.

. . . also, that's not a concern so much specifically about GWB. I am just as concerned for Obama to have that power. You either don't seem to realize or in your boundless optimism you simply discount that no other president has had that sort of power. If that sort of power is available, it will inevitably be used. That's not paranoia. That's not crazy. That's just saying that the potential for great abuse exists (a bad thing may happen) and therefore, it's inevitable that potential will ultimately be realized (that bad thing will happen).

However, Obama has promised that he will review Bush Administration policies and, hopefully, reverse some or most of them. That promise goes a long way towards mollifying me because Obama has not given me any particular reason not to trust him yet.
  • So you're saying my trust in the checks and balances inherent to a two-party system and three-house federal government is justified? It's not so much optimism as it is enough pragmatism to know there are too many sharks in the pool for one to eat all the others.