This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

RIP Harvey Korman

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
Rest in peace, Harvey Korman.

The great Harvey Korman died yesterday. His contributions to the world of comedy will be greatly missed. He had great roles in movies such as:
  • Hedy Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles
  • Dr. Charles Montague in High Anxiety
  • Chef Gormaanda, Krelman, and Toy Video Instructor in the imfamous Star Wars Holiday Special
  • Count De Monet in The History of the World Part 1
  • Professor Balls in the Pink Panther movies
You will truly be missed, Harvey.

Comments

• I loved watching him on re-runs of the Caroll Burnette Show. He really was a great talent.
  • HedyHedley Lamarr inBlazing Saddles
    I'm so glad you posted this joke.
    Count De Monet inThe History of the World Part 1
    Count de Money? It's De Monet, DeMonet!
  • One of my personal favorites...

HIs expressions and his attempt at holding back the laughter makes this sketch priceless.
  • I was sad to hear this too. I watched a lot of Carol Burnett as well when it was first run. :-) I think there were only 3 channels back then. He and Tim Conway were the funniest thing on television.

History of the World:
    "Don't get sausey with me, Bearnaise!"
  • I am sorry as well, but I think that some here are looking back through rose colored glasses and remembering only the good bits. Harvey was ubiquitous in the 70s and I have been thoroughly fed up with him since '78. He did do a good job in a couple of films, but if you saw him on television nearly every day, you'd be as sick of him as I was.

Watch a couple of episode of Carol Burnett to see how how bad television can be. People were so starved for entertainment back then, they would watch a flickering incandescent light fixture for hours. I know. I watched many, many episodes of Curt Gowdy and The American Sportsman because there was literally nothing else to do.

Oh, and Tim Conway should die in a fire.