This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Indiana Jones

13»

Comments

• Once I realized it was the janitor from Scrubs, I couldn't take that character seriously anymore.
  • I just got back from seeing Crystal Skull and it was certainly better then I was expecting it to be. I'd say its probably on par or slightly better then Temple of Doom, but it definitely had the potential to be a whole lot better.

And yeah, Neil Flynn was awesome for the 3 minutes he was in it.
  • I'm just back from seeing it and I thought it was complete shite. Awful, awful, awful in too many ways to express.

I'm really surprised some of you liked it; each to his own I guess.
  • I just got back from seeing Crystal Skull and it was certainly better then I was expecting it to be. I'd say its probably on par or slightly better then Temple of Doom, but it definitely had the potential to be a whole lot better.

And yeah, Neil Flynn was awesome for the 3 minutes he was in it.
    I honestly don't see why many people think the Temple of Doom was not as great as the other two, maybe it's more nostalgia for me as it's the first Indy movie I saw when I was younger, but I always really liked it as much as the others.
  • I think Temple of Doom is a great movie, but I think it suffers by being so different from the other Indy movies. It's about Hindu mythology, and it has a sort of weird pacing to it. By weird I mean that the other Indy movies have these action beats constantly throughout the movie, Temple has the one at the start, and then a whole bunch of action at the end, and between that its fairly slow.

Also what made 1 and 3 great was that it was Indy pursuing one thing throughout the movie, and that they expanded your understanding of Indy as a character (especially in 3 with the origin bit at the start of the movie, and the fact that we are introduced to his father.)
  • I think Temple of Doom is a great movie, but I think it suffers by being so different from the other Indy movies. It's about Hindu mythology, and it has a sort of weird pacing to it. By weird I mean that the other Indy movies have these action beats constantly throughout the movie, Temple has the one at the start, and then a whole bunch of action at the end, and between that its fairly slow.

Also what made 1 and 3 great was that it was Indy pursuing one thing throughout the movie, and that they expanded your understanding of Indy as a character (especially in 3 with the origin bit at the start of the movie, and the fact that we are introduced to his father.)
    That makes sense, thanks Kiey.
  • Indy 5 is set for 2019.

Oh, and no George Lucas.