This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• edited May 2008
    No one has mentioned my favorite band yet.

Marilyn Manson!
    Post edited by Plahtigoe on
  • edited May 2008
    No one has mentioned my favorite band yet. Marilyn Manson!
    NOT METAL!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • No one has mentioned my favorite band yet. Marilyn Manson!
    NOT METAL!
    Yeah it is!
  • edited May 2008
    No one has mentioned my favorite band yet. Marilyn Manson!
    NOT METAL!
    Yeah it is!
    Says who, your Mama?
    They are glam-goth rock at best.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited May 2008
    Manson is primarily a glam/goth band, with some industrial influences.

Not to say that the music isn't good; it's just not really metal. For reference, neither is Rob Zombie.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Not to say that the music isn't good
    Their music isn't good.
    Their music isn't good.
    Seconded.
    Their music isn't good.
    Seconded.
    Eh, I think he's done some interesting stuff. Not a lot, mind you, but some. Warrants at least some recognition, IMO.

However, I'm sure we can all agree that Dio is totally fucking awesome.

• Am I doin it rite?
  • Daath is now my new favorite band.
    I knew you would love them.
  • Too many too list out here, I believe I have posted already.

I am also a huge Dimmu Borgir fan.

Vortex is fucking amazing.
  • I recently picked up Protest the Hero's new album, Fortress. It's awesome and I totally recommend it. Below is their newest music video for a song of the album.
    Hmm, I really like that. ^_^
  • In other news, Opeth's newest album is TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME.

Seriously Cielmort, you have no idea how awesome Progressive Nation is going to be. Seriously.

Also, 3 is now my newest new favorite band. They're simply astounding live.
  • Also, 3 is now my newest new favorite band. They're simply astounding live.
    Seconded.
  • So, is it just me, or is the new Nightwish with Annette Olzon several orders of magnitude better than the old Tarja days?

Seriously. Good stuff.
  • It's not just you. I didn't really like Nightwish until Annette joined.
  • Dude, why? I'm pretty sure they've said all they can say already.

I'm still gonna nab it, though.
  • Dude, why?
    This is why:
  • Dude, why?
    This is why:
    Shush.
  • The art is also horrendous. Pretty much a money-grab at this point after they've become an internet meme.
  • They figured out people like them because they are uber-cheesy.

I'm still buying it, because I'm totally into cheesy D&D inspiring metal.
  • Ultra Beatdown. LOL.
    Fuck no, I'm not buying it. I'd rather never hear a song off that album, period...but I know damn well I'll end up getting Dragon-roll'd and a video of them will go around.
  • Dragon-rolling? Oh mans.

Oh, and, Death magnetic, what are your expectations for it?
  • Dragon-rolling? Oh mans.

Oh, and, Death magnetic, what are your expectations for it?
    I'm a Metallica fanboy, so I'm cautiously optimistic. This is helped by having Rick Rubin as the producer.
  • I'm still unsure, the samples from Mission Metallica have boosted my low expectations to the point that this might be a good return from the not-so-dark pits that were Metallica's post-black album efforts.

I'm one of the few people who find St. Anger to be a really cool song.
  • I'm still unsure, the samples from Mission Metallica have boosted my low expectations to the point that this might be a good return from the not-so-dark pits that were Metallica's post-black album efforts.

I'm one of the few people who find St. Anger to be a really cool song.
    I like the idea of that album, and I actually used to enjoy listening to it, but not anymore.

I also never really thought that Load and Reload were that bad. They're very different from everything else, but there's a lot that I like on those albums.
  • Such is one of the things that pisses me off about the general music listening population. If a band changes their sound, everyone goes apeshit. One example that come to mind was when Dream Theater released both Awake and Train of Thought, people got mad because they said it sounded too "mainstream/nu-metal" respectively.
  • Such is one of the things that pisses me off about the general music listening population. If a band changes their sound, everyone goes apeshit. One example that come to mind was when Dream Theater released both Awake and Train of Thought, people got mad because they said it sounded too "mainstream/nu-metal" respectively.
    People have been calling Metallica sellouts since they first signed a record deal.

A lot of people don't want their favorite bands to ever change. That's the sort of mentality that keeps a band like Anthrax going.
  • edited July 2008
    A lot of people don't want their favorite bands to ever change. That's the sort of mentality that keeps a band god like Anthrax Anthrathrax going.
    Post edited by Apreche on