This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080702 - Princess Tutu

RymRym
edited July 2008 in Anime
Tonight on GeekNights we give a little look at Princess Tutu. In the news, Otakon is having a contest and Bandai continues the work of Bandai Visual.

Scott's Thing - Hamster Lady
Rym's Thing - Us seeing Satoshi Kon

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Meeting Satoshi Kon. A kick ass experience. He was just as cool in D.C. It sound like way more people went to the NYC event (or at least stayed for the questions). I totally envy the fact that Emily could just ask since she speaks japanese. Luckily I got my question answered.

He stuck around to talk and sign stuff but he had to go so I started to walk away but he was walking my way. I stared. He stopped and held out his hand. I shook it and smiled and said....DAHHH! I wasn't expecting that so it caught me off guard. Super loser fangirl geek moment times 40. He just chuckled and bowed. *hangs head down*

I'm glad to know Peter S Beagle is coming to Otakon. I didn't see him in the dealers room last year.

When I saw that pic I thought Scott is sitting like a girl.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited July 2008
    Haha, even though I've only ever seen one picture of you, I recognized Scott immediately based on Rym's description.
    Post edited by Rolf Soldaat on
  • That's a quite a feminine pose you struck there, Scott.
  • Wait, is this the first picture we have of Emily?
  • Wait, is this the first picture we have of Emily?
    Where?
  • Where?
    Note that we were there with several different groups of people with whom she is friends. She wasn't sitting next to either of us. ^_~
  • Where?
    Note that we were there with several different groups of people with whom she is friends. She wasn't sitting next to either of us. ^_~
    What the where's waldo!
  • Scott had a extremely feminine pose and looks coy about sitting next to Rym :-p
  • edited July 2008
    Just to taunt you people.

But I will give you a riddle to give you a hint of who I am in the picture.

She is the keeper of the fox and the hare
    Her eyes like a rabbit's
    her hands full of air
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I so want to make a circle around the heavy set guy in the middle and say that's emily but I'm at work :-p
  • ScoJo, don't give it away!! Now everyone knows who I am!
  • Thank you for the new avatar The Scrym.
  • I think Emily is either the one in the yellow shirt to the right, or the red-head with both hands up.
  • the one in the yellow shirt to the right
    That's who I think emily is.
  • edited July 2008
    the one in the yellow shirt to the right
    Is that a fox and hare on the shirt (hard to tell :S)? And those hands (clapping?)= full of air presumably.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • the one in the yellow shirt to the right
    Is that a fox and hare on the shirt (hard to tell :S)? And those hands (clapping?)= full of air presumably.
    Red eyes as well.
  • Is that a fox and hare on the shirt (hard to tell :S)? And those hands (clapping?)= full of air presumably.
    Red eyes as well.
    That's what saw too.
  • edited July 2008
    Thank you for the new avatar The Scrym.
    BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, don't feel to bad people, I had trouble locating Emily and I know her for reals. I also maintain that Scott's tittle should be changed from "Emi's Comic Librarian" to "Emi's Boyfriend Boyfriend".
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Watched the first ep of Princess Tutu as you said, though after having listened to the entire ep. Yeah, the WOAW was 'spoiled' but that doesn't matter that much to me. :)

I think I'll have to get a new 500 gig HD x-X
  • There should be a little bubble above Scott's head saying "I'm a pretty, pretty princess."

also a tiara and scepter... I will work on this project later. I have to write a paper about salt right now.
  • Scott is more moe in that one photo then anyone here has ever drawn him.
    Damn, I totally missed out on the Kon! I was so busy at work, I didn't even know he was coming to NY.
  • edited July 2008
    I really need to finish Princess Tutu. I only watched 3/4ths of the series. As far as I can tell it's golden.
    Scott is more moe in that one photo then anyone here has ever drawn him.
    This made me LOL!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited July 2008
    I'm going to have to watch Princess Tutu. I enjoy anything that is close to swan lake and has different ballets in it. Right now I have just been watching Library Wars with my friends as the eps have been coming out.

So do they use the music from the ballets in it?
    Post edited by Nerissa on
  • Scott looks really weird.
  • So do they use the music from the ballets in it?
    All the time. Each episode is actually themed around a specific ballet or ballet piece, and almost all the background music is either classical or from various ballets.
  • I really enjoyed the show back when I watched it at the MIT anime club, I'm sort of a sucker for well done magical realism.

Also, the AMV that won at the last Anime Boston was based on Princess Tutu. Don't watch it unless you've already seen the show.

• Is that the Hall Om Mig video? I cannot tell as my workplace blocks youtube. I have yet to see a Tutu vid that trumps that one. If not, I will definitely check it out when I get home! ^_^
  • Is that the Hall Om Mig video? I cannot tell as my workplace blocks youtube. I have yet to see a Tutu vid that trumps that one. If not, I will definitely check it out when I get home! ^_^
    It's that one, yes. Awesome.
  • Princess TuTu

I agree with Scott and Rym, it is indeed noteworthy. I watched the first episode, not bad.
    It is funny how a name of an anime may deter you from watching it, yet it is a good anime.
    One anime that falls under this name deterrent is Nanaka 6/17. I thought nope girl show won't watch that, but it is actually pretty good. I am on episode 9 via Animenetwork on demand.