This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Why People Think Rym & Scott Are Gay: The Movie - Special Audio-only Edition for the Hard of Seeing

edited July 2008 in GeekNights
Or WPTR&SAG:TM-SAOEFTHOS for short.

Also known as "Good God, Someone Has Too Much Time On Her Hands."

http://robomiko.com/audio/wptrasag.mp3

In the course of going through the GeekNights archives at work and on my commute, I decided that I might as well take advantage of that and collect as many gay-sounding clips as I could in the process. I started collecting clips in late December, got about a half-hour's worth of them by April, and enlisted other FRC forumites to help judge the best ones by the end of June. The result? A tribute to what is surely the best thread on the FRC forum (if not best, then surely the most fabulous).

I apologize for the sometimes crappy audio or dodgy volume throughout. Blame the variable audio quality throughout GeekNights history. I tried to fix up the volume issues as best I could, but some of the quieter clips just did not want to be raised up any higher. I didn't want to have to bring the whole project down to an intolerably low volume just to match them, so you may find that you have to turn your volume up a bit for the first few clips, then back down for the rest.

Special thanks to Viga, YoshoKatana, and Joshbert for helping me with judging, and to Viga, Cielmort, and RothOHNOES for contributing clips. Almost-special-thanks to Cielmort and SniperDragon for volunteering to judge, even though they ended up not being able to do so. Extra special thanks to Rym, Scott and Emily if they decide not to murder me in my sleep for this (hopefully).

Comments

• Good god is that awesome.
  • Woo, approval from one of the stars! :D
  • edited July 2008
    Bravo!

I'm a few minutes in, and I can't stop laughing. Great job! XD

What would be kinda fun is guess which clips is from what episode. I can remember a few, but there is a lot of Geek Nights to go through.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I have a list of dates and timecodes for all of them, so I can tell you if you're right or not if you make guesses. ;)
  • That is a piece of art.
  • haha this is brilliant.
  • Wow...just, wow.
  • I also put in some bits and pieces, so did Viga.
    <.<
  • Indeed you did. Sorry, I wrote up that post in a bit of a hurry. XD;; Edited to include your contributions.
  • edited July 2008
    It's out! Hooray!

Eyrn you have made my crap day awesome! *glomp of happy*

Hmm...should this go in the supplemental!? YES!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • This has made me laugh in so many ways. XD
  • There has to have been more material than that. Please tell me that there will be sequels. I'm at work and did my best to not burst out laughing. Good times.
  • I have about ten minutes of more clips, but they generally aren't as funny as the ones in the final project (thanks to the judging process). I don't have any intention of going through all the archives again just to get more clips for a sequel, either. But if enough clips crop up in new GeekNights episodes from this point onward, there could be a possibility of a sequel in the far future. ;)
  • That answer is better than a "no". I'll take it.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh god, there are 18 mins left..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Oh god, there is 18 mins left..
    I thought the same thing.
  • edited July 2008
    This could be the title for a WPTR&SAG;:TM-SAOEFTHOS Cd/DVD release.

I have a strange addiction to look at people's Flickrs.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • This one maybe.

• This is really gay.
  • Or WPTR&SAG;:TM-SAOEFTHOS for short.
    For short? My bet is that it takes longer to pronounce that acronym than the actual name. Downloading now.
  • Or WPTR&SAG;:TM-SAOEFTHOS for short.
    For short? My bet is that it takes longer to pronounce that acronym than the actual name. Downloading now.
    Its.. *sigh* ironic.
  • This is made of win. I laughed my ass off. Thank you so much. XD
  • I luuuuuuuv you, Eryn!
    L. O. V. E.

...But you made me crack up at work and people looked at me.
  • Eryn, is this the beginning up until the present day or is there still more material?
  • Aaaaaaaaaah, a refreshing experience, being updated on the gayness that is GeekNights, thanks Eryn. I didn't laugh as much as I hoped though. :( Knowing the jokes ruined it I guess. *sigh* And Emily, I now feel more sorry for you than before. Just stay on your toes and keep Neil Gaiman and Barack Obama away from each other.
  • Eryn, is this the beginning up until the present day or is there still more material?
    I have about ten minutes of more clips, but they generally aren't as funny as the ones in the final project (thanks to the judging process). I don't have any intention of going through all the archives again just to get more clips for a sequel, either. But if enough clips crop up in new GeekNights episodes from this point onward, there could be a possibility of a sequel in the far future. ;)
  • I suppose, and it'll take twice as long, due to the reduced schedule, unless we get an increased gay quota.
  • That was so funny.

The other cool part is you can tell how much the audio quality improved.

How long did you take you to make this?