This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• I will go so far as to say this show is better than Naruto and I think it will get a lot of kids into anime.
    That's not very far, is it?
    No, it is not so far. Naruto had the potential to be great; unfortunately, after 4 episodes it was clear they were not going to deliver. Whereas, Avatar has delivered since the first episode. Speaking of which, I can't wait for 8:00 p.m.
  • I'm not sure it could have ended better. I already miss it.
  • Great ending. They did leave an opening for a follow up episode or movie in regards to the question of what happened to Zuko's mother.
  • They ended it the only way they could have, and it turned out alright.

Avatar as a whole is a great show that has some slow bits.
  • The ending was epic but it felt like there was something left to be fulfilled. I think the biggest problem, and yet still a very small one, was that the final battle seemed predetermined, even more than most shows. It's probably because he went into the avatar state so it feels like he was sand-bagging but, this show seemed to not want to have to have suspense and cliff-hangers and just tell a story.

The going so far was bait to bring out the Naruto fundamentalists, but there can't be many here.
  • Well of course the outcome was sort of predetermined, since episode 1 its been all about Aang needing to defeat the Fire Lord to bring balance. So obviously it was going to end as such, but I thought that they did a good job with how he was conflicted about killing him. So most of the suspense of the final battle was more about is Aang going to kill him or not. Plus during that fight I was really more interested in the other things going on.
  • Well of course the outcome was sort of predetermined, since episode 1 its been all about Aang needing to defeat the Fire Lord to bring balance. So obviously it was going to end as such, but I thought that they did a good job with how he was conflicted about killing him.
    It was really well done, though I think the way Aang was reacting to all the others' advice made the outcome kinda obvious. But how did that giant turtle understand how to do it?
  • But how did that giant turtle understand how to do it?
    Animals in Avatarland can bend stuff before people can. Lionturtles must be good at bending souls.
  • So, is it up to Aang to repopulate the world with Air Nomads? Has the series ever covered the issue of marrying across bending principles?

If Aang truly is the last Air Bender what will happen when the next Air Bending Avatar is due to be born?
  • Well I think you would have to assume that not everyone of the "Air Nation" was killed, so there should be potential future Air Benders from that, not just from Aang. Also there is at least 200 to 300 years until the next air Avatar, so they should be enough of a population by then.
  • Well I think you would have to assume that not everyone of the "Air Nation" was killed, so there should be potential future Air Benders from that, not just from Aang.
    I'm pretty sure Sozin wiped them all out (Air Nomads not Air Benders). Every one of the Air Nomad Temples was devoid of Air Nomads.
  • Also there is at least 200 to 300 years until the next air Avatar, so they should be enough of a population by then.
    Actually, there's an avatar every generation. Death and rebirth happen quickly. I think the word is successive.
  • edited July 2008
    Also there is at least 200 to 300 years until the next air Avatar, so they should be enough of a population by then.
    (My emphasis) With three other Avatars before the next air Avatar living to an average of eighty years, that's about right.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Heh, well, it's lucky Aang is likely to get off to an early start ;)
    Still, Aang is a bit too old for Katara, don't you think?
  • Also there is at least 200 to 300 years until the nextairAvatar, so they should be enough of a population by then.
    (My emphasis) With three other Avatars before the next air Avatar living to an average of eighty years, that's about right.
    I may be dislexic and skipped over the word air.

Still, Aang is a bit too old for Katara, don't you think?
    If you mean, he's been "alive" for 112 years, sure. But he's only aged about 12 of those years and Katara is definitely older than him in that regard.
  • If they were to fast forward 150-250 years in the future of where Avatar left off and followed another Avatar during a time of crisis in the world, would anyone be interested?
  • If it had a good plot, Yes! Very much so! Especially if they added a cute angst boy who waivers between enemy and friend.
  • My secret hope for the next avatar show is a world where bending is going out of style due to technology.
  • My secret hope for the next avatar show is a world where bending is going out of style due to technology.
    That would be interesting. I would still like to know what happened to Zuko's mother.
    That would be interesting. I would still like to know what happened to Zuko's mother.
    Do you think they will do anything with that story line? Does anyone know if an Avatar spin-off or sequel is in the works?
  • They'll probably talk about the future of Avatar at Comic Con.
  • I'd also like to know how the world changes now that airships have been introduced. Previously only Air Benders ruled the sky, now almost anyone can fly.

What about the Sky Bison? Are they all gone?

Will Aang reclaim the four Air Temples?
  • If it had a good plot, Yes! Very much so! Especially if they added a cute angst boy who waivers between enemy and friend.
    I just hope that if the DO make a spin-off show (preferably one that doesn't suck as is the tradition for most spin-off shows at least from what I have seen) they will somehow show Zuko (or should I say Fire Lord Zuko ^_^) having an emotional and happy reunion with his mom, but that will only happen if they have a sequel spin-off. If they have a prequel spin-off, I hope it is either about past Avatars like Kuruk, Yangchen, Kyoshi, etc, or about the last days of the Air Nomads.
  • If they continue the show, I'd like to see it set hundreds of years in the future about some other Avatar-related crisis. The decisions made made by the main characters of this story after Ozai's defeat would be gradually revealed to the audience in the form of its long-term effects and unanticipated fallout.
  • I just watched the majority of the series this week and I understand why everyone loves this series so much. I would have to say that Iroh is my favourite character and I don't know why.
  • I just watched the majority of the series this week and I understand why everyone loves this series so much. I would have to say that Iroh is my favourite character and I don't know why.
    It's because Iroh is the best! He has a very quiet wisdom about him.
  • edited July 2008
    I just heard one of (in my opinion) the best lines in the entire show: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
    Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
    Zuko: That's rough, buddy.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I just heard one of (in my opinion) the best lines in the entire show: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
    Sokka is the king of that stuff. Without a doubt.
  • Sokka: Fine! You caught me. Happy?
    Zuko: [glowering] I'm never happy.

Zuko and Sokka seriously need to have their own buddy adventure series.
  • Sokka: Fine! You caught me. Happy?
    Zuko: [glowering] I'm never happy.

Zuko and Sokka seriously need to have their own buddy adventure series.
    Wow... that would kinda rock.