This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080806 - Connecticon 2008

edited August 2008 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss what went down at Connecticon 2008. In the news, Otakon is this weekend, and we're doing a bunch of stuff there. Don't miss it.

Scott's Thing - Reverse Escalator
Rym's Thing - Dragon Girl

Comments

• Am I the only person who noticed that today's date is 080806? As in eighty eighty six. As in 8086.
  • The escalator video commentary said the escalator suddenly stopped, causing people to fall over backwards. it was not reversed, it was people pressing everyone off the escalator
    At least 20 people have been injured after an escalator at a Tokyo convention centre jerked to an abrupt halt. The stoppage knocked down dozens of people. The worst of the injuries appears to be a broken leg.
  • Argh, only got as far as the start of the coverage on my ride into work, now I have to wait til the end of the day to hear the rest of it.
  • Am I the only person who noticed that today's date is 080806? As in eighty eighty six. As in8086.
    Only if you place your day position at the end, the more easy to notice without modication is in two days it will be 080808.....
  • the more easy to notice without modication is in two days it will be 080808.....
    Apocalypse.
  • hey, cool, Are we back to the normal Geeknights release schedule?
  • Am I the only person who noticed that today's date is 080806? As in eighty eighty six. As in8086.
    Yes, since it actually was 06/08/08. :D
  • hey, cool, Are we back to the normal Geeknights release schedule?
    Way to listen to the episode dude. :P

They say they'll return to the 4-nights a week schedule after PAX.
  • Way to listen to the episode dude. :P
    They say they'll return to the 4-nights a week schedule after PAX
    He's too busy getting ready for his 5 day road trip to Cali. :P
  • Ahhh~ Back to normal. ^_^
  • Way to listen to the episode dude. :P
    They say they'll return to the 4-nights a week schedule after PAX
    He's too busy getting ready for his 5 day road trip to Cali. :P
    Yeah, actually. I've put podcast listening on hold so I'll have a nice backlog to catch up to.
  • edited August 2008
    The escalator thing did happen at Big Sight where Comiket takes place but I think it happened during WonderFest (another geeky event). More info here:
    Link

Make sure you create hyperlinks, don't just post the URL.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Slime superior, Drakee inferior.
  • http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20080805p2a00m0na004000c.html
    Honestly, come on. I am going to hold an internet-wide conference on how to make a link.
  • About the match game, has anyone figured out what the hell that "Mr. Happy" show the girl panelist was talking about
  • edited August 2008
    If you guys need fan-made GeekNights stuff to put up next week, why not put WPTR&SAG:TM-SAOEFTHOS up in the Supplemental feed? ;)

Also, awwww, Dragon Girl! :D
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20080805p2a00m0na004000c.html
    Honestly, come on. I am going to hold an internet-wide conference on how to make a link.
    Please accept my humblest apologies... new to this forum & its software so I incorrectly guessed that a clickable link would be created automatically.
  • Don't worry, it's an understandable mistake. We've just had a slew of people not making correct links lately, so a bunch of us have been on edge about it.
    edited August 2008
    Please accept my humblest apologies... new to this forum & its software so I incorrectly guessed that a clickable link would be created automatically.
    No worries, just so you know, the forum accepts just plain html. So grab a reference sheet and start bashing out hyperlinks! :D
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited August 2008
    3 or 4 people per step
    Fuck, that's a lot of people...

Also, I'm with whichever one of you said that Dragon Girl was more of a light novel than a comic.
    1. no word bubbles
    2. text was next to the artwork, very much akin to MANY children's books I've read in the past.

edit: Wow, just got done reading Dragon Girl. Honestly, I didn't see that ending coming. I was expecting the same ol' shit from children's stories, the ending of that definitely wasn't. The entire rest of the book was cliche, though.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • >The one girl in like the back left corner who had seen every anime in the known Universe.

Hey guys, remember me?