This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kemonozume

RymRym
edited September 2006 in Anime
What do you all think of Kemonozume so far? As I've said before, I'm really digging it.

Comments

• At first I didn't like the art style but after episode two I am really digging the show.
  • edited September 2006
    I haven't actually watched this yet since my internet connection sucks and I can hardly dl anything with p2p... T_T

I went to check out the homepage though, is it just me or does the show look very... sketchy and amateurish? At least the art...

I haven't found any screencaps so it might just be the promo art, but shouldn't promo art generally be of better quality than the animation?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I really dug the first episode, but Kemonozume is the type of show I have to marathon in order to fully enjoy. Breaking it up into weekly pieces would interrupt the flow imo. Let us know how it turns out

<<fuurin
    The art style is indeed very rough and childish at times. It took me nearly the entire first episode to get use to it, but I'm glad I did since I was rewarded with one of the few decent animes of the summer.
  • I went to check out the homepage though, is it just me or does the show look very... sketchy and amateurish?
    I look at the art style as a more of a physical manifestation of just how fucked up that world is.
  • I tried downloading the first episode through bittorrent, and it came through fine, but won't play quite groovy on any of my Matroska supporting players...
    I'm very confuddled.
  • I tried downloading the first episode through bittorrent, and it came through fine, but won't play quite groovy on any of my Matroska supporting players...
    I'm very confuddled.
    Woah, that's an excellent word. Confuddled. Nice.

/Nothing else to say
    //Bored
  • Try uninstalling every codec on your computer and just install the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP), it'll play damn near anything you'll find on the internets without any conflicts.
  • edited September 2006
    I'm having more difficulty than not adjusting myself to the animation. I just think it looks like a bad TV Funhouse from a few years ago... Any moment Ace and Gary and going to pop in along with innuendo. I find the concept too interesting not too watch it though. I'll work through my qualms with the animation.

edit: Finished watching episode 2. Worked my way through the animation and I must say... This show is delicious!
    Post edited by xaphan on
  • The animation reminds me of "Waking Life" when they use live-action footage and draw on top of it.

So far I'm liking it. The jazzy atmospheric music and the percussive action-sequence music remind me of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. The art takes a little getting used to, but I love to watch anime that use unconventional styles. Great recommendation Rym and Scott!
  • Try uninstalling every codec on your computer and just install theCombined Community Codec Pack (CCCP), it'll play damn near anything you'll find on the Tubes without any conflicts.
    There.
  • I think that the animation had many different styles at once. There was live backgrounds similar to Ralph Bakshi films. The People looked sort of sketchy like the movie Heavy Metal or the show Aeon Flux. The Monkey reminded me of the show Duckman. All in all I was really pleased by what I saw.
  • edited September 2006
    I just finished the first episode, and the monkey owns.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • A Monkey Part.
    The monkey is clearly the star of the show.
  • A severe lack of monkey in the 3rd episode... T_T
  • Woo..3rd ep! Fire up the BitTorrent...
  • edited September 2006
    I finally managed to get two eps through bittorrent... It sure took me a while... =_=

The episodes themselves weren't bad though. I did get through the first episode wanting to know what happened next, but couldn't they have tidied up the animation a bit? :p

I can see this turning into a Romeo and Juliet remake... Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't know if I'm going to stick around to find out.
    Post edited by Rym on