This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MST3K Petition!

GeoGeo
edited August 2008 in Suggestions
I know that a couple people have said that an MS3TK episode would be epic, but I find that time and time again, Scrym just passes a blind eye towards it (or they don't notice it). I want to hear an episode of MST3K gotdammit! I am petitioning that they do an episode of MST3K, who's with me?

In the name of Sodium and Albert Vitti Permittee I ask of thee oh honorable Scrym (ass kissing and worshiping or two different things) please do an episode about the awesomeness that is Mystery Science Theater 3000!!

Comments

• If you already know that MST3K is awesome, why do you need to listen to us tell you what you already know?
  • If you already know that MST3K is awesome, why do you need to listen to us tell you what you already know?
    This is something I've noticed about movie podcasts like Movies You Should See and The Greatest Movie Ever. Often, it's more enjoyable to hear 'Net personalities pay tribute to media you like than listen to them introduce new media to you. It's about cultural identifiability.
  • This is something I've noticed about movie podcasts like Movies You Should See and The Greatest Movie Ever. Often, it's more enjoyable to hear 'Net personalities pay tribute to media you like than listen to them introduce new media to you. It's about cultural identifiability.
    Ok, sure you tell me its enjoyable. Why is it enjoyable?
  • Because it allows you to say, "Hey, I noticed that too!" Or the ever popular "It's true! Black and white people DO drive differently!" In other words, it allows you to understand what they're talking about and make a link with them, and it makes any jokes they make a lot funnier.
  • This is something I've noticed about movie podcasts like Movies You Should See and The Greatest Movie Ever. Often, it's more enjoyable to hear 'Net personalities pay tribute to media you like than listen to them introduce new media to you. It's about cultural identifiability.
    Ok, sure you tell me its enjoyable. Why is it enjoyable?
    Didn't you enjoy the Dave and Joel episode about Golgo 13?
  • Didn't you enjoy the Dave and Joel episode about Golgo 13?
    I don't need to ask you why I like something. I'm asking you why you like it.

Also, I hadn't experienced Golgo 13 in its fullness at the time of that episode.
  • edited August 2008

Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    If you already know that MST3K is awesome, why do you need to listen to us tell you what you already know?
    Maybe I want to hear your take on it, and I like it when you have a take on anything because you know how to speak to geeks in a way that is both informational and hilarious. For example, I already knew that all Shonen Fighting shows were fucking pieces of shit (mostly for the same reasons you guys presented on your Shonen Fighting shows episode), but when I heard your take on them, I loved it and I was happy we (Scrym and I) shared the same tastes.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • It's all about shared experience.
    Conform! Join us in our dance of death!
    I disagree with this statement. I enjoy listening to people review or discuss subject material that I have consumed and enjoyed because I often will hear new insights into the material, or see the material in a different light. Even if I disagree with the speaker's take on the subject material, it is interesting to have a new entry point into the material.