This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070508 - Rescue: The Embassy Mission

RymRym
edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights, we review Rescue: The Embassy Mission for the NES. In the news, Iwata speaks, and Google Reader Wiis.

Scott's Thing - Freeware Adventure Games
Rym's Thing - Rescue: The Embassy Mission and Golgo 13 Together at Last

Comments

• I was never able to beat Golgo-13. The end stage where you have to shoot those little red dots always did me in.
  • If Super Smash Bros.: Brawl isn't perfect, I think I might just kill myself.
  • I played the ROM. The repelling did suck.
  • Sorry to resurrect an old thread!

I was listening to this podcast while riding the train yesterday and it brought back a whole lotta great memories of playing Rescue. I always confused this game and Golgo 13 so I haven't played it since I was a kid.

Akihabara is on the way home, so I stopped by a game shop and found the cartridge for 1,500 yen. Really expensive for a retro game, but the podcast made me crave some terrorist killing action. It was hard to find at first because the Japanese title is HOSTAGES.

I got home yesterday and just played the hell out of it. It's so damn funny when your dudes fall when they are repelling. The first time it happened it shocked the hell out of me.. all that SWAT training to waste.

I found the first person action parts to be way more playable now then when I was a kid. When I was young I would just walk around wildly flailing on the buttons and get killed.. last night though, after many hours of Rainbow Six, I popped those terrorists double-tap between the eyes.

Thank you Rym and Scott for the excellent show on Rescue!