This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your account name

Why is your account name what it is? I'm in band (Colorguard + Winter guard) and my first guard show was call Our Time Is Now. So that's why I chose what I did. What about you?

Comments

• Well, I picked Sail because... I sail. And it sounds kinda cool. I tend to think that names that are simple, single nouns are among the coolest names you could pick.
  • I don't know, it's just a name I use on the internet.
  • One Sin is the product of hours of pointlessly browsing the cesspool that is my mind. Eventually, I gave up and picked One_Sin. Variations of that name have stuck with me ever since.
  • Neito is a name I use everywhere. It's based off of my real first name, Nate. It's kinda-sorta how it would be pronounced if it where Japanese, but I make no claims to any real accuracy.
  • Back in Chicago, people called me "Slappy", but I didn't like it too much. When I was flying, people would sometimes call me "Hungry Joe". Joe Heller wrote about me in Catch-22. I liked that name a lot better.
  • Joe Heller wrote about me inCatch-22.
    I'm just a young punk, and this is the internet, and my sarcasm detector broke down, so I have no choice to ask:  Wait, are you serious? 
  • It's a secret code. Shhhh.
  • It's a secret code. Shhhh.

yessir.
  • edited June 2007
    I'm just a young punk, and this is the internet, and my sarcasm detector broke down, so I have no choice to ask:  Wait, are you serious? 
    Tell me this doesn't sound like me.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • My name comes from probably my favorite pro wrestler ever, Bret the Hitman Hart. I figured there weren't many wrestling fans here and the name wouldn't be taken.
  • Mine's what my younger sister used to produce when she tried to say my first name (Samantha). Back in the day when she was cute and not just PMS-ing.
  • Mine is a terrible, convoluted pun involving a physics equation and my initials.
  • I named myself after the first object I saw outside the window. Some friends and I were starting a gaming clan and they felt I needed a more interesting handle then my first name <.< I could have been DeadFly or DirtyWindowPane lol
  • Kiey is sort of my web name alias thing. It came from talking a friend over AIM, she was trying to type 'Mikey' and it came out as 'kiey'. I thought it looked cool so I've been using it since then.
  • I created this name when I was nine for no apparent reason, and I've been using it (or slightly modified versions of it) ever since.
    That's not to say that I don't occasionally stray from it (TehJlo, for instance (an inside joke with my friends)), but I still use it on many an occasion.

This is probably only because I have the keystroke sequence memorized and ready to go. :-P
  • I like chrono cross a lot.
  • My last name is González, but most people write it with an s at the end, so when I tell people all the time I have to say: "González, double Z."
    I added the numbers just to make it different.
  • Cool you got a "tilde" in your last name I have one on my first name Hector (I can't use tildes in linux :(  )
  • I read Death Note... and it was good.
  • Mostly (the Atheri part) the name of a character in a work of fiction I'm constantly writing in my head but have never bothered to put down on paper. Paper, in this case, being figurative as I'd obviously use my computer.
  • My name came about several years ago when I was in a very remote and desolate place and needed to get in touch with my friends over the Internet to avoid going nuts. We had this joke that this godforsaken place was the navel of the world - empty and meaningless. I thought that it wasn't completely empty as long as I were there. Therefore I was the fluff in the navel. Still meaningless, but not empty. I made a Hotmail account with the Norwegian version of navel fluff/lint, and I have kept it as my Internet persona ever since.
  • If you need to ask then you don't know me.
  • It all started out as a joke, and then developed into a web comic. Since my name is Bonnie, my character had to be a bunny (stupid pun...). My character became bunnykun, even though it should have been named bunnychan... As my character developed, we decided to drop the "y" and add an "i". It has become my online name ever since.
  • My account name is a reference to Grit, my number one CO in Advance Wars.
  • I like chrono cross a lot.

Same here. I took the main character's name and added an adjective.
  • My first experience coming up with a screen name I liked R2-D2 (still do of course) and I was headed for NIU so I was NIU_Artoo or any variation of Artoo. That seemed lame however and I wound up changing it to Raquor which was a name I came up with for Everquest. I rarely played the character and as much as I try, it's never stuck as a good game character name but for my online alias...Raquor it shall always be!

I also have to agree with Sail:
    I tend to think that names that are simple, single nouns are among the coolest names you could pick.
  • Back in the day there was a crappy old DOS game. I forget what game it was, but you had to choose a name when you played. You couldn't type a name, you had to choose one from a list. I always chose Taser, mostly because that name also allowed you to be green. When I later got the AOLs I had the name of Taser31460 because there were apparently 31459 other Tasers out there.

Eventually I started playing the AOL-embedded MUD Gemstone III. I had to choose a name for that which did not have numbers. I tried all sorts of Arthurian and Middle-Earthian names, but they were, of course, all taken. I eventually tried Apache, but that was taken as well. A slight spur of the moment modification to Apreche totally worked. Up to this day I think I am the only person who uses this as my name on teh Intarwebs. Also it is apparently not a word in any language with a Roman alphabet. Although, it does appear to be a rare typo in a few languages.
  • Whoa, the mysterious origin comes out...
  • Whoa, the mysterious origin comes out...
    It's been out.