This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

edited July 2007 in Video Games
Super Smash Brothers Brawl has been dated. Fanboys rejoice, the game will be released on December 3 of this year!

Comments

• A little later than I had hoped...
  • At least it will be out by Christmas. Super Mario Galaxy is coming out on November 12, so we will have something to play.
  • Its good that its December, there is way too much good stuff coming out in September to November as it is.
  • Time to play has Snake!
  • I'm looking forward to Corruption, Strikers, Alien Syndrome, etc...so I'll be busy until then.
  • Sorry for the bump, but I was curious as to what everyone thinks of the new "story mode" Subspace Emissary. I think it looks pretty sweet, but I hope it doesn't take away from the non-stop action that the previous SSB games have provided.
  • L, I really doubt that it could take away anything from the game. This will be taking place of Adventure mode in Melee. (Which didn't take anything away before.)
  • L, I really doubt that it could take away anything from the game. This will be taking place of Adventure mode in Melee. (Which didn't take anything away before.)
    I just don't really like the idea of cut scenes or "character development" in my Super Smash Bros. But, Masahiro Sakurai has never disappointed me before, so I guess I should be excited about this change.
  • edited August 2007
    How could it take away from brawl? It's a whole separate mode.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited August 2007
    You know? I want character development, why do we go through random fights to climax at a battle with a right hand?
    Post edited by Magic on
  • Ike! Ike! Ike!!! We fucking like Ike! Wooooooooo!
  • I'm with you Jess. I nearly screamed in my seat for Ike!
  • Yeah, Ike is pretty rad. I just hope he doesn't replace Roy. I've gotten so good with Roy in Melee :(
  • I wish they would put in either Eliwood, Hector, or Lyn from the 1st GBA game.
  • I would love to play as sonic.... But it wont ever happen...
  • I would love to play as sonic.... But it wont ever happen...
    Ditto.
  • I wish they would put in either Eliwood, Hector, or Lyn from the 1st GBA game.
    Well, I'm assuming they are going to add at least one more FE character, if they plan on booting Roy and Marth. But, then again, Ike could be just an addition alongside those two. Anyway, the Smoke Ball looks pretty awesome. I'd love to use it as the only item in Invisible Melee on Final Destination. It'd be like an enormous cloud of colors.
  • I don't think they are going to get rid of Marth and Roy, they are far too popular. I think they are just going to make them more balanced characters, both of them were far too powerful.
  • I don't think they are going to get rid of Marth and Roy, they are far too popular. I think they are just going to make them more balanced characters, both of them were far too powerful.
    I think they are. They aren't going to have three Fire Emblem characters in there. Notice how they've been announcing all characters in the game one at a time, including obvious ones like Mario + Luigi? I find it highly unlikely that there will be more than two, or even more than one, Fire Emblem character in the game.
  • I seriously doubt they'll only have one Fire Emblem character. That would be like getting rid of Fox and Falco, and adding, say, Slippy, not that I'm comparing Ike to Slippy, of course ;)
  • As I said earlier, I don't think Nintendo would make the incredibly stupid decision of removing fan favorite characters, especially considering how popular the Fire Emblem games are in America and in Japan. Adding more characters from the series seems to be the only conclusion.
  • As I said earlier, I don't think Nintendo would make the incredibly stupid decision of removing fan favorite characters, especially considering how popular the Fire Emblem games are in America and in Japan. Adding more characters from the series seems to be the only conclusion.
    I just don't think Fire Emblem is that popular.
  • I just don't think Fire Emblem is that popular.
    Well, as far as I can tell, it has become a lot more popular than games such as EarthBound and Ice Climber.
  • I just don't think Fire Emblem is that popular.
    Well, as far as I can tell, it has become a lot more popular than games such as EarthBound and Ice Climber.
    Sacrilege!
  • It's one of those games that far popular outside the US, most likely because the series' games weren't really released here all that often.
  • I'm really not a huge fan of those characters. They were just a nuisance when others would be them because they were crazy powerful. So I wouldn't mind them not being in the game.
  • Nintendo realizes something that many of you do not.  No one will NOT buy this game due to the exclusion of a given character from the previous one.  Many people will buy this game due to the inclusion of a character who is new.
    Nintendo will do whatever will drive the most sales.  They care about your money: not anything else. ^_~
  • I'm really not a huge fan of those characters. They were just a nuisance when others would be them because they were crazy powerful. So I wouldn't mind them not being in the game.
    The strategy I use when facing someone who plays as Roy or Marth is to use a character with great projectile or long distance attacks. For example, Link, Samus, and Pikachu are great at fighting Roy and Marth.
  • I use Falco.  I have fun with other characters, but I only play with Falco. ^_^
  • I use Falco. I have fun with other characters, but I onlyplaywith Falco. ^_^

You've used the Pikachu a lot more than you use the Falco. Personally, ever since the N64, I've been all Samus. We will see when the final roster is available whether or not that will change. Even if it does, I'm sure I will use Samus quite a lot.