This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070904 - Shadowgate

RymRym
edited September 2007 in Video Games
Tonight on GeekNights: Shadowgate.
Scott's News - Free. Almost.

Rym's News - Command and Conquer

Scott's Thing - Atari 2600 Label Maker

Rym's Thing - Shadowgate Speedrun

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Scott, I enjoy Orange Lounge Radio. They are a Videogame podcast. Sound quality isn't as good as GeekNights, but their content and random jokes make up for it.

Orange Lounge Radio link

Oh yeah, OLR is WAY BETTER than Power-UP. LOL.
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on
  • edited September 2007
    I loved the Lair interview. I bought that game - it's cool, but got-damn is it fucked in the control department. In-Game Cinemas are SO FUCKING ANNOYING, OH MY GOD. LET ME PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME - Then, when you do, don't point me in another direction than I was. I can't even put the SIXAXIS down and grab my drink, because I'll plummet to the earth. AWESOME. Fucking Lair...
    I agree entirely that people take scores too seriously. What's the difference between 9.5 and 10? 4.5 and 5?

Anywho, if you need a gaming podcast, 1upYours is fuckin' AWESOME. The dudes are real smart, and very entertaining. EGM Live, not nearly as much.

Ratings need a thumbs up or thumbs down... that's it.
     The Bounty, starring Mel Gibson: THUMBS UP. Need to watch the old one.

PS: It's "Ooooooo-bee-soft". Not "Ub-ee-soft".
    GET IT RIGHT! This is a HUGE DEAL!
    Post edited by MitchyD on
  • Kind of worrying how computers can do today what it took skilled artists to do years ago.
  • Anywho, if you need a gaming podcast,1upYoursis fuckin' AWESOME. The dudes are real smart, and very entertaining. EGM Live, not nearly as much.
    I was going to say the same thing. !up Yours is probably their best podcast, the 1up Show is also very good, especially since you get to see games in motion in it. EGM Live is alright, but its certainly better once you get to know the 1up writers in the other shows, especially the Sports Anomaly guys who can come off like annoying sports radio type guys, when they really aren't. I would also recommend Broken Pixels which is a great video cast thats always good for a laugh (the newest one, episode 10, not so much, but the others are definitely.)
  • I've listened to 1up, not so exciting. Maybe I'm just spoiled because I used to listen to the original Gamers with Jobs Radio. Now that was a video game podcast.
  • When did you last listen to the Yours show?
  • Oh mans, Shadowgate! I loved that game when I was a kid. I would always play it with my dad, and I remember getting really scared when that music came on alerting you that your torch was about to go out.

Also: Fuck you, creepy wraith, and coffin with green goo!
  • DEATH!!

Shadowgate was one creepy game... Best death writing in an NES game.
  • Shadowgate reminds me of "Hunt the Wumpus".