This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080108 - Dune

edited January 2008 in Board Games
Figured I would make the thread since there wasn't one already.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I was sold on this game after hearing the powers of the second faction. I love asymmetric games, but you never see them done well, or at least done well with a lot of different groups in it. I hope you guys are bringing this to Katsucon, but who knows if you'll have enough time for it then.

Comments

• Have you guys played Diplomacy? I thought of it when you discussed deal-making games but I don't recall you ever mentioning it.
  • If you like old school games like Dune has anyone tried either Junta or Cosmic Encounter?
  • If you like old school games like Dune has anyone tried eitherJuntaorCosmic Encounter?
    Junta is made of fucking win.
  • Cosmic Encounter is the mother fucking bomb!. To bad it's freaking hard to find and out of print.
  • The synopsis of Cosmic Encounter makes it seem like almost exactly the same game as Dune. What is the difference?
  • To bad it's freaking hard to find and out of print.
    My FLG still has this version of it on the shelf, not sure of the price offhand. I know there are TONS of version / expansions to this game.

Cosmic Encounter
  • This may sound like a shill but I know that there is a copy at the board game store in my town that has a copy for in-store play. This is the store's website. If anyone want to play who lives in the area who wants to play feel free to contact me.