This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fashions You Like/Fashions You Don't Like

Comments

• Do any of you wear undershirts under dress shirts? If so, why? I've always found it very bothersome.
    I do when it's cold.
  • Crocs are the worst footwear every invented. They look like shoes for a doll. They look like plastic monstrosities of preppyness and K-martitude. I want to burn them into a plastic sculpture. My artist statement will be "Crocs fucking suck!"
  • For those who detest Crocs, have you ever tried wearing them? They are pretty damn comfortable. I only have a black pair that I wear once in a while.

Overall, fashion can be interesting. Some stuff I pay attention to, others I don't. If it's something I think is cute or comfy and within reason of being affordable, I'll purchase it.
  • Do any of you wear undershirts under dress shirts? If so, why? I've always found it very bothersome.
    It helps cut down on sweat stains.
    Not since I was a child.
  • Even though I totally hate most sandals, I don't find Crocs to be so bad. The best thing is that, although they are a little on the ugly side, they don't expose the tops of a person's feets, like my personal favorite to hate: Birkenstocks.

Also, if you get in a real bind in an apocalypse situation, you can melt them down to make a lovely soup.
  • edited March 2008
    For work, it's jeans and a t-shirt, mostly. Sometimes I'll wear a polo shirt, or a button-down collared shirt (usually open) with an undershirt. I wear mostly jeans, but sometimes throw in some cargo pants instead. I also wear a lab coat pretty much all day.

My non-work dress depends on the situation. If I'm just chilling with the crew, I'll usually keep it pretty casual with jeans or jean shorts and a t-shirt, or casual polo. If I want to look a little nicer, I'll go with the long-sleeve shirt, open, with an undershirt. I have many different clothes that can play into that configuration. This covers 95% of my day-to-day dress.

If anything more dressy than that is required, I jump to slacks, dress shoes, dress shirt, and probably a tie.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited March 2008
    Why do so many fat, dumpy people think they can wear spandex? Why do they wear warm-up suits? Everyone knows they're not on their way to the gym. Why do so many out-of-shape girls wear tops that expose their fat mid-riff?
    I think fat people wear spandex and gym pants because they can put it on more easily. I watched "You Are What You Eat" on BBC and found out that most of the guests have sores on their waists from wearing regular clothing. It's sad but it's what you get for a lazy life style.

What Fashions do I like?
    I don't like the fashion world because it's so damn uppity but I love fashion as an art. My favorite designs are from
    John Galliano. It's couture so it's not meant to be worn. I really like this type of high fashion because It's very inspiring for character design.

Here's his fall 2007 Men's Couture :
    http://men.style.com/fashion/collections/F2007MEN/complete/thumb/JGMEN
    Every time i see this collection, I'm like AHAHEGSGSEFSFEFSEFSEF and i feel like drawing.

Anyway, some couture is really ridiculous but I only like looking =)

As for me and what i like to wear, I love flat boots. I love long flat boots, anything but black, with a lot of buckles. I have something like that on right now. I hate heels because I don't like to give people the illusion that I am anything other then what I am. The only thing good about heels is that it's a free work out for your legs and makes them firm. F*ck that noise. I still won't wear a straight up fancy shoe. Other then that, I like print t-shirts, sloves ( sleeve gloves), and well, anything adventurous looking.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
    Dress shirts - undershirts + rain = disaster. Also, it's nice to have a comfy undershirt protecting you from the chaffing of a tightly-starched and pressed dress shirt. Finally, chest hair. A forest of chest hair. You've got to keep that from poking out your button holes.
  • edited March 2008
    I also wear a lab coat pretty much all day.
    Where can you get a lab coat? I had one in college that I bought at the undergrad bookstore, but I don't think there are any undergrad bookstores close to me and when I search through Google, I get a bunch of Halloween costume places.

Do you know where i could get one of those more extreme lab coat deals? You know, like the one with the mandarin collar that Dr. Mel wears.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Crocs are the worst footwear every invented. They look like shoes for a doll. They look like plastic monstrosities of preppyness and K-martitude. I want to burn them into a plastic sculpture. My artist statement will be "Crocs fucking suck!"
    "K-martitude" made me chuckle.
    I thought Crocs were only worn by nurses and physical therapists. When I started seeing them on a regular basis, I was like wtf.
  • I also wear a lab coat pretty much all day.
    Where can you get a lab coat? I had one in college that I bought at the undergrad bookstore, but I don't think there are any undergrad bookstores close to me and when I search through Google, I get a bunch of Halloween costume places.

Do you know where i could get one of those more extreme lab coat deals? You know, like the one with the mandarin collar thatDr. Melwears.
    Edited my post to clarify: I wear a lab coat AT WORK all day. :p

If you'd like, you can get variously colored unisex lab coats here. Most medical supply companies usually offer lab coats as well.

Also, just felt the need to throw this in: popped collars suck. If you regularly pop your collar, stop. Now. It's not cool, it just makes you look like a tool.

Seriously. Popped collars are lame.
  • Can anyone explain the reasoning behind wearing a blazer as casual wear? Like with a t-shirt and jeans?
  • Can anyone explain the reasoning behind wearing a blazer as casual wear? Like with a t-shirt and jeans?
    The style of jeans, nice shirt, blazer is fairly common and fashionable in NYC. I personally like the way blazers look, so I'll take any excuse to wear one.
  • The style of jeans, nice shirt, blazer is fairly common and fashionable in NYC. I personally like the way blazers look, so I'll take any excuse to wear one.
    It seems like a style I might adopt when I enter the workfoce...
  • edited March 2008
    Also, just felt the need to throw this in: popped collars suck. If you regularly pop your collar, stop. Now. It's not cool, it just makes you look like a tool.

Yes. They are lame.
  • Also, just felt the need to throw this in: popped collars suck. If you regularly pop your collar, stop. Now. It's not cool, it just makes you look like a tool.

Yes. They are lame.
    Don't forget boat shoes and those retarded neoprene sunglasses bands.
  • edited March 2008
    Skull motif hoodies: Lame or not lame?

Croc boat shoe: Lame or not lame?

• Where can you get a lab coat? I had one in college that I bought at the undergrad bookstore, but I don't think there are any undergrad bookstores close to me and when I search through Google, I get a bunch of Halloween costume places.
    This one?
  • Ones like that, yeah. I want the one that buttons up the side and has that high mandarin collar, like this.
  • Ones like that, yeah. I want the one that buttons up the side and has that high mandarin collar, likethis.
    Great. Now I want one too. Let us work together to find them.
  • My goal is to look like Fred Rogers:

In practice, I usually look more like Lewis Skolnick:

:)
  • Ones like that, yeah. I want the one that buttons up the side and has that high mandarin collar, likethis.
    Got it, fourth one down.
  • edited March 2008
    Ones like that, yeah. I want the one that buttons up the side and has that high mandarin collar, likethis.
    Got it, fourth one down.
    Close, but not quite. There are two rows of buttons on that one, there should be just one. Also the buttons are down the middle, they need to be off to the side. Also, the collar isn't big enough. Like this.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Also, just felt the need to throw this in: popped collars suck. If you regularly pop your collar, stop. Now. It's not cool, it just makes you look like a tool.

But I thought popped collars where the happening thing.

I agree with you. People with popped collars make me laugh.
  • edited March 2008
    I hate popped collars. It's one of the worst parts of the resurgence of old trends today.

Then again this is coming from the girl who would love if the world looked like this.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • tI also, however, have a casual interest in lolita fashion, and at least once a month I get together with a local group of lolita enthusiasts and we all go out to have fun somewhere while dressed up. It's quite fun, and I take pleasure in the fact that it freaks a lot of squares. ;) I have four outfits to my name: one sweet, one classic, one inspired by Shinya from Dir en Grey, and one pirate-y. None of them are "brand," but I like it that way, because the place we all get our clothes from is pretty high quality for a fraction of the price that brand lolita usually is. I have another outfit from that place coming soon that's shirololi, consisting of a blouse and this skirt: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-189/Gothic-Lolita-cln--Corset-Waist/Detail
    I am also into the lolita fashion. Lolita love! Most of my closet is classic lolita and I have a bit of sweet lolita. My favorite skirt is by Alice and the Pirates. It's basically the bottom half of this.

Which lolita group are you part of? I'm part of the Nova lolitas on LJ.

I love that skirt from Fan Plus Friend.
  • During the colder months I wear either black or tan cargo pants with either a tee or a silk button down short sleeve shirt and on my feet I wear either casual black loafers or tan shoe-boots. For a jacket I wear either my green Legend of Zelda track jacket or one of my black sweatshirts (one of them is Nightmare Before Christmas and the other is Pirates of the Caribbean (the ride not the movie). I sometimes wear a fedora on my head.

During the warmer months I wear shorts that are so long that they go down past my knees, the same shirts I wear in the colder months and either flip-flops or my casual black loafers.
  • I don't like to wear booty shorts or short skirts. I feel so self conscious.
  • I almost always wear clothes for comfort, soft jeans and cotton t-shirts. When I want to dress up, though, I have a stripped blazer which I love and khaki pants, which are equally awesome.