This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080408 - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

RymRym
edited April 2008 in Video Games
Tonight on GeekNights, we review Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for the Nintendo DS. (It's bad). In the news, Nintendo hits some Pokemon pirates, and Nintendo's still rockin' the Virtual Console.

Scott's Thing - Glider
Rym's Thing - Thoese were the (Hammond) Days

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I'll take it for $10 and whatever it takes to get it over to the UK.

I'll throw in another $5 if it's signed by the two of you.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • I'll throw in another $5 if it's signed by the two of you.
    Our autograph isn't worth anything.
  • Apparently it's worth $5 to someone. You should know better than to question the free market.

That's really disappointing to hear the FFCC:RoF sucks. Ugh. I was really looking forward to an FF game I could play with my friend. :(
  • Apparently it's worth $5 to someone. You should know better than to question the free market.

That's really disappointing to hear the FFCC:RoF sucks. Ugh. I was really looking forward to an FF game I could play with my friend. :(
    Go get the original GameCube one.
    Scott OWNED.
  • That would require getting a Gamecube. I can't spend $150 on essentially one game and especially not one that we'll only be able to play sporadically. Maybe in the distant future, after my immediate monetary and time commitments are over.
  • Our autograph isn't worth anything.
    Scott isn't quite comfortable with being popular or "Internet famous" yet. He balks at awards and gets surly when fans geek over him at conventions. It's just his way. ^_~
  • Aaaw, that's so moe~

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa xD
  • Aaaw, that's so moe~

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa xD
    I wouldn't say that, but it's hilarious.
  • That would require getting a Gamecube. I can't spend $150 on essentially one game and especially not one that we'll only be able to play sporadically. Maybe in the distant future, after my immediate monetary and time commitments are over.
    Or you could just use a Wii.
  • So, 10 bucks plus shiping?

(Honestly, I'm not entierly sure If I'm being serious)
  • So, 10 bucks plus shiping?

(Honestly, I'm not entierly sure If I'm being serious)
    So that would be just over £5 plus shipping in our money. Is it worth even that?
  • Yes, please send us pounds and euros. We need real moneys.
  • edited April 2008
    So, 10 bucks plus shipping?

(Honestly, I'm not entirely sure If I'm being serious)
    So that would be just over £5 plus shipping in our money. Is it worth even that?
    Quiet, you.
    Yes, please send us pounds and euros. We need real moneys.
    If you're serious then I'm game.
  • I was curious whether your comments on the Virtual Console releases this week were going to take the sarcastic route, because that's essentially what I've been seeing everywhere on the various gaming blogs this week; the Kotaku post linked was probably the most kindly-written one I've seen. I was therefore surprised to hear genuine excitement about the two games, since it seems like the internet unanimously got together (as they tend to do) and decided that it was yet another crap week after following several dozen crap weeks. (I actually will agree, though, that just two NES games for the week is rather lame... at least one of them was 3rd-party, so it wasn't all just in-house crap lying around that was finished.)

While I have zero excitement, myself, about either of these particular (versions of these) games... I can at least partly understand it. Despite never playing Yoshi's Cookie on any platform, Bases Loaded was one of my totally-rockin' games on GameBoy. I was the same way, remembering all of the players' names, stats, stances, when to toss in which relief pitcher, etc. Like lots of early sports games, it was trivial to find its "broken" aspect. For the GB version in particular, this meant aiming the pitch about 20-25% to the left of the plate from its default area (just a slight tap on the left-d-pad), and holding up/right for a curve on the pitch with the first pitcher on the default team. I'd say that the end results would be 95% of the time the CPU just stands there as the strikes fly past them.
  • I would like to toss out Super Puzzle Fighter as one of the best 2-player puzzle games, though Dr. Mario was awesome too.
  • Yes, please send us pounds and euros. We need real moneys.
    I'm looking at some Euros right now (As I'm off traveling around Europe starting on Tuesday) and I can safely say that they don't look like real money and they feel horrible.
    Still I'm all for Britain joining the Euro as soon as possible, it would make this traveling stuff so much easier.
  • I'm looking at some Euros right now (As I'm off traveling around Europe starting on Tuesday) and I can safely say that they don't look like real money and they feel horrible.
    Still I'm all for Britain joining the Euro as soon as possible, it would make this traveling stuff so much easier.
    I don't remember how UK currency felt. Are the coins heavier? Fatter? At least it beats a bill for 1 unit, eh?
  • I'm looking at some Euros right now (As I'm off traveling around Europe starting on Tuesday) and I can safely say that they don't look like real money and they feel horrible.
    I don't remember how UK currency felt. Are the coins heavier? Fatter? At least it beats a bill for 1 unit, eh?
    I don't have any of the coins yet, just the notes. Speaking of coins though, anybody here seen the new British coins? They make up a picture when put together.
  • edited April 2008
    Yes, please send us pounds and euros. We need real moneys.
    I'm looking at some Euros right now (As I'm off traveling around Europe starting on Tuesday) and I can safely say that they don't look like real money and they feel horrible.
    Bah, I say we join the euro when Europe stops the nonsense with the game delays.
  • Ian's Shoelace Site. Scrym's tie stuff reminded me of that site. Double helix is nice.

As for Rym's desire to have a worthy opponent, I have no DS and am not that good at any of the Advance War games I played with an emulator.
  • Ian's Shoelace Site. Scrym's tie stuff reminded me of that site. Double helix is nice.
    This was going to be totd soon. I've been using Ian's secure shoelace not for a week or so now.
  • edited April 2008
    Ian's Shoelace Site. Scrym's tie stuff reminded me of that site. Double helix is nice.
    Yes to that site. I proudly declare that my shoes are lattice laced and have gotten many complements on it.
    Post edited by Sail on
    edited April 2008
    This was going to be totd soon. I've been using Ian's secure shoelace not for a week or so now.
    It's a really fun site to poke around if you have nothing to do for 10 or so minutes. I still use my standard knots since they stick, no secure ones needed. I tried Ian's knot, the really fast one, and while I agree it is really fast and makes for a tight knot, it's sooooo ungodly hard for me to do it without instructions next to me. I just gave up and stuck with what worked.

EDIT: I use the double helix lace on my regular shoes and the straight (bar) lace for my nice shoes.
    Post edited by ... on
  • You will win every single Advance Wars game if you keep building mechs and never stop.
  • What if your enemy captured loads of cities (more than you) with infantry and APCs and then started spamming mechs?
  • You will win every single Advance Wars game if you keep building mechs and never stop.
    Hardly.
    Not with S ranks.
  • My foolproof strategy only applies to multiplayer games. Single player Advance Wars is alright.

Planes are mostly useless, and ocean combat is the only part of the game that requires tactics and planning.
  • My foolproof strategy only applies to multiplayer games. Single player Advance Wars is alright.

Planes are mostly useless, and ocean combat is the only part of the game that requires tactics and planning.
    We shall see about that. I hear Rym was looking for some online play. Go and test your "strategy".