This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090617 - MoCCA Arts Festival 2009

edited June 2009 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss the many awesome things we encountered at the MoCCA Arts Festival 2009. In the news, Miyazaki will be in CA, VAMPS is going to be at Otakon, and there's a big Usagi Yojimbo collection coming out.

Rym's Thing - Chipmunks and Star Wars
Scott's Thing - Marsh Rocket

Comments

• Usagi Yojimbo! We may just have to splurge on this one, guys.
  • Scott's story was more boring.
  • It was a very "Onion on my belt" story.
  • Oh man, I might have to buy that collection. I love Usagi.
  • It was a very "Onion on my belt" story.
    Cus that was the style at the time.
    edited June 2009
    To make Rym aware of where the crap came from.

It never was funny, just spam.

EDIT: kyoo-nee-uh-fawrm, audio example on page for the idiots.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Wow, I had never seen that commercial before. I don't know who it stereotypes more, Japanese people or white people.

How lame.
  • Wow that commercial is just ridiculous...
  • or white peopleweaboos...
    There different. The latter is the pathetic kind, those who reference it fall into the same group, or are just spammers.
  • The Yugioh Abridged Series version is superior.
  • edited June 2009
    You guys honestly have never seen that? "Girugamesh!" is even a meme.

Post edited by Sail on
  • You guys honestly have never seen that? "Girugamesh!" is even a meme.

It's been a meme for quite a while, though. Come to think of it, I haven't even seen it been used lately, so it's probably rolled over.
  • It's been a meme for quite a while, though. Come to think of it, I haven't even seen it been used lately, so it's probably rolled over.
    It's been a meme since the commercial was published. Everyone discovering it now (and referencing it) are morons. I've even seen some who thought it came from /b/. For crying out loud, it was an /a/ invasion meme at best, and those still come down to just being spam.