This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - PAX Prime 2012 and the LoL Championships

edited September 2012 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, we share some of our thoughts on PAX Prime and PAX Dev 2012, descending rapidly into a ridiculous argument over the League of Legends tournament present therein the former. In the news, Valve's Greenlight gets a fee and its first ten titles, and World of Warcraft has been secretly watermarking your screenshots.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• PAX East is actually in March of this year, not April.
  • If you actually have a stack of beta sol rings, you could easily sell them for monies.
  • If you actually have a stack of beta sol rings, you could easily sell them for monies.
    It would have to be enough money to warrant caring enough to get them out of storage and deal with it. ;^)

• Jeremy sold 2 of the 2009 codes from LoL for $200 each, iirc.
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone interested in getting a Ranked team together or does anyone want to learn the game?
  • edited September 2012
    If you actually have a stack of beta sol rings, you could easily sell them for monies.
    It would have to be enough money to warrant caring enough to get them out of storage and deal with it. ;^)

A Sol Ring retails for around $100 for heavily played copies, and up to $125+ for near mint versions. Star City Games, one of the largest retailers, buys near mint versions for $70. You could probably get more if you sold it yourself on ebay.

There are plenty of other cards that have high price tags- serra angel, for example, is being sold by SCG for $50 - but moxes and dual lands are where it's at. If you have one, even a damaged one, you could sell it for hundreds easily, with near mint versions hitting close to $1,000 if you find the right buyer.

And this is just Beta, Alpha caries an even higher price tag.
    Post edited by Banta on
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep. For once his rat pack ways have actually helped out. That pretty much helps with the bills. I think we have a 2010 code as well, but he may sell that later one.

They were Twisted Fate codes. Once he put them up, they sold within the hour. Some guy from Sweden and a dude from Australia.
  • This argument...
  • I don't have any alpha cards that I know of. A pile of old betas and Unlimiteds, but it's mostly revised and The Dark (with a good smattering of Legends).
  • Clearly sell magic cards for DDR arcade machine.
  • Just wanted to chime that one year (what year I can't remember) Otakon had a video room solely devoted to Lupin the 3rd for the weekend.
  • I am totally on board with looking at things like the LoL space as expanded expo hall, with the assumption they paid for the space. I don't want to see the expo hall expanded, but I wouldn't be pissed about it.