This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Phone Wallpaper

edited October 2012 in Everything Else
Sites like wallbase don't have phone wallpapers. Very few places have iPhone 5 wallpapers at all, let alone nerdy ones. They are 640x1136 by the way.

What do?

Also, use this thread for sharing/posting phone wallpapers.
Post edited by Apreche on

Comments

• Make your own wallpaper. Find an image and crop out a cool bit that fits the ratio you need.
  • What Walker said. Photoshop makes this easy but even iPhone must have a crop tool. Interfacelift is a good source of wallpapers you can crop for a phone, just choose a focal area and frame it.
  • I am going to try that since I have real Photoshop now, but even then.
  • What do?
    Google-fu, bitch. Also, wallbase is crap. Too much clutter, too shitty a wallpapers to screen space ratio, too Web 2.0.
  • Movie posters are the perfect size for iPhone wallpapers.
  • Just make a document that's 640x1136, right-click copy a wallpaper you find via browser, paste it in. If it's not too zoomed, just fit it however you want. If it's way zoomed, hold shift and scale it. It's very trivial, and will probably result in something you like better than what someone else made.
  • Since Android lets you have a picture pan along your tabs, I've been using a picture of Helio Castroneves climbing the fence by the Dan Wheldon Way sign at St. Petersburg. I'll try to post a link later.
  • Since Android lets you have a picture pan along your tabs, I've been using a picture of Helio Castroneves climbing the fence by the Dan Wheldon Way sign at St. Petersburg. I'll try to post a link later.
    Wait, what?!

It does?!
  • Paralax scrolling!

Here's mine:
  • I need to go research this. Fuck, there goes my morning.
  • edited October 2012
    While it's a bit pixelated, I've had this wallpaper since I had a phone that was capable of doing so. I believe it was a LG-VX## flip phone.

It's based off of this image that I've loved since I discovered Tare Panda and the internet many many moons ago.

Now if someone were to recreate the image and make it a higher resolution, I would do something nice for them.

But for now, I'm totally happy with this as my wallpaper for now. There aren't many other images that I can imagine having as my wallpaper. Perhaps a higher quality resolution Tare Panda image, if they exist.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I could probably recreate that in a few hours if given enough incentive to. Since you care and the rest of us much less so, ever tried to find the 3D file and render it at a higher resolution?
  • It's only a small change from the one I had for years, but here's mine.

• edited October 2012
    I could probably recreate that in a few hours if given enough incentive to. Since you care and the rest of us much less so, ever tried to find the 3D file and render it at a higher resolution?
    No worries. If you're up to the task, by all means. If you do, I'm sure some sort of craft will come your way.

If not, I did find this image that is a better resolution than the other one on this site.

I'm mainly liking the Tare Panda getting drunk on sake.

Hahaha. I just translated the Japanese on that to be "guden guden na bi (hi)" which means dead drunk day.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • What do you think?
  • Oh mans, that's kinda awesome. Tea ceremony Tare Pandas. Kawaii!
  • edited October 2012
    Very "Ro".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Tare Panda is kinda awesome. I did not know of its existence until this thread.
  • edited October 2012
    Here's my wallpaper image, as promised.
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2012_Honda_Grand_Prix_of_St._Petersburg_Helio_Castroneves_Dan_Wheldon_3.JPG
    I crop in quite a bit but I haven't quite figured out how to take a screenshot in Android. I know it's possible because I've done it by accident, though.
    EDIT: I found out how, at least for my phone. Hold down the power button and press home.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • In Android 4.0+, you can take a screenshot by holding Power + VolDown for a few seconds.
  • In Android 4.0+, you can take a screenshot by holding Power + VolDown for a few seconds.
    Good to know for when I upgrade :p