This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Traders of Genoa

edited October 2012 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, we discuss the board game (Traders of) Genoa. Scott still has terrible luck at FTL, while Rym appears to be cheating. Monaco is coming to both the Xbox and the PC (you should buy the latter version), and you should recall that we had Andy Schatz, its creator, on GeekNights long ago! X-Com has answered all of Rym's prayers, but he still won't buy it. The New York Comic Con happened, but had no real gaming content and nothing of note to cover. (Or, possibly, we're just super jaded by a decade of conventions and some years of living in New York). Also, Hearts!

Don't forget Burning Con 2012 and this week's NerdNYC Board Game Night!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• No mention of the Dudebro trailer? :P
  • No mention of the Dudebro trailer? :P
    There have been Dudebro trailers before. This is not the first. Let's make news when we see an actual game.
  • I really only saw like one teaser doing a quick search on Youtube. There really haven't been any trailers than just images made by people. So what do you mean by other trailers?
  • I guess it is a Teaser, but it says coming in 2010! LOL

• Also, do we actually need or want Dudebro game? It's a joke and it only works as a joke, because it's not real. It's like how now we can't joke about how Duke Nukem Forever takes forever to make. Now all that is left are Half-Life episode three jokes.
  • edited October 2012
    The new trailer looks promising. It's like Contra with Rescue Rangers/Duck Tales gameplay. Also the part where you can skip the stupid minigame is priceless.

Also Scott, at least they aren't doing Project ST.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • That Gangnam Ghostbusters mash-up beat out the following for my favorite musical mash-up:
  • edited October 2012
    I've heard the demo for XCOM is a terrible representation of what the game actually is. Also all those games that Rym named off are not even worth installing and I don't know why you even have them.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited October 2012
    When I take the train, it's the mariachi bands, the guys dancing, and the guys selling candy for "their team" Suuuuure.
    I ignore every single one of them. All those dudes are making more money than you!

Rym and Scott, if you truly want to cure yourself from leaning to heavily on comfort games, you should have a day when you and all of your friends just get together and play games you've never given a shot.

Here's an great human feat:

I played the X-com demo, and it's not a terrible representation at all. Just play the demo! It convinced me that I need the game. I have watched video reviews and lets plays of it since, so that was even more convincing.
    Post edited by VichusSmith on