This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Presents Utena: ep02a

edited December 2012 in GeekNights

GeekNights Presents: Utena
Episode 02a

Episode two (aside) - Chu Chu - will keep you warm until the full analysis of episode 2 is up. Chu Chu is introduced: just what is his deal?

Source Link

Comments

• I will try to edit the full episode soon!
  • edited December 2012
    I swear ChuChu is a monkey. There aren't that many reliable sources that are easy or instant to find through the Googles. I found some various forums and wiki's, but no exact confirmation.

I would think he's totally a monkey because of the bananas as well as the butt is showing like a mandrill. Also in the curry episode when there is a switch of sorts. The end result is we see a person in a tree eating bananas. Does a mouse do that?

Some say he's just Anthy's familiar spirit or whatever.

Also:

Edit: Wait! I found this via Rose Garden forum:

It's from the manga:

I have the original Japanese manga and will look at it tomorrow and translate that page.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Chu Chu definitely a monkey.
  • Why does Chu-chu have dead eyes?
  • What happened with the copyright claim?
  • Yep, and even if you don't count the manga, there's that discussion between Anthy and Miki about Chu Chu's name and how "Chuu Chuu" sounds too much like a mouse for him. Ergo, he is not a mouse (at least not entirely).
  • He is a mouse/monkey. Have you ever seen a monkey that small?
  • Have you ever seen a castle floating in the sky upside down?
  • Have you ever seen a castle floating in the sky upside down?
    Yes. Yes, I have.
  • Then the same can be said for us seeing a monkey that small.
  • edited December 2012
    He may look too small to be a monkey, but on that line of thinking, have you ever seen a mouse that big?! I think its more plausible that he's a small monkey rather than a large mouse. You know, if we are approaching this with real world (vs anime) thinking like you keep saying in the videos. :-P He could totally be a teacup monkey.
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • Well, if he's a monkey, the human-like things he does make a lot more sense.
  • edited December 2012
    I usually default to monkey-mouse or mouse-monkey, yeah, since whatever he is, it's not a real creature. Still, not necessarily too small to be full-blown monkey:

Post edited by Eryn on
  • I want one.
  • I want one.
    Beware intelligent pets. If they're mad at you, they can plan revenge.

A dumb cat will forget it was mad at you the next time you feed it. A smart cat will poop in your shoes and wake you up at four in the morning.
  • I want one.
    Beware intelligent pets. If they're mad at you, they can plan revenge.

A dumb cat will forget it was mad at you the next time you feed it. A smart cat will poop in your shoes and wake you up at four in the morning.
    Need smart dog that knows 1000 toys.

• My Utena DVDs came already! Thank you Ro! :D!!!
  • Yay! Awesome. I will send the rest out soon. FYI, the first season has a box cover that fits 3 DVDs, the 2 I sent and the movie. The movie with box to fit season 1 will arrive with the rest. One season doesn't have an outer box. I want to say it is the 2nd one: Black Rose Saga.

Enjoy!
  • Alright, I've decided I'm gonna watch along with Rym and Scott. I don't know exactly what this show has in store for me, but it seems an interesting ride.

I watched up to episode 2 and this video about it, and I gotta say... I've watched enough anime that I don't really give Chu-Chu much thought, but that Prince beam was a total WTF moment.
  • I have a full episode about episode 2, dog. It's just busy time for Rym and Scott. ;^) We'll try to get one or two out a week once this weekend is past.
  • Just watched episode 5. Wow, Touga.