This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zendo - Learn to Play

Learn to Play: Zendo

Zendo is a fantastic logic game for n players. The game is self-constructed. Just buy several sets of Loony Labs "Ice Dice" or equivalents, get some colored glass counters, and go nuts. To quote wikipedia:

"Zendo is a game of inductive logic designed by Kory Heath in which one player (the "Master") creates a rule for structures ("koans") to follow, and the other players (the "Students") try to discover it by building and studying various koans which follow or break the rule. The first student to correctly state the rule wins."

Source Link

Comments

• I managed to borrow a set of pyramids and play Zendo tonight. The game was going great until someone made far too complicated a rule and everyone got bored. What should I do in that situation? Play with less shitty people?
  • jmerm said:

I managed to borrow a set of pyramids and play Zendo tonight. The game was going great until someone made far too complicated a rule and everyone got bored. What should I do in that situation? Play with less shitty people?

This is why you should have one person be the master who knows what they are doing. I'm always the master.