This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Save some for london broil after new years.
    Uh, beef plate does not contain london broil. You usually use top round or flank steak. Beef plate is brisket, short ribs, and skirt. You can get hanger steak/skirt steak, various briskets, short ribs, and beef navel. Navel is really a fatty trim end of the skirt, or the beginning of the flank.

But it's not london broil.

• London Broil is not any specific cut. It's a steak that's marinated to soften it. We can make it out of it out of skirt steak no problem.
  • London Broil is not any specific cut. It's a steak that's marinated to soften it. We can make it out of it out of skirt steak no problem.
    Yeah, but they usually go with specific cuts.

You're definitely right, though. Marinated skirt steak = awesome.

Yeah, but they usually go with specific cuts.

You're definitely right, though. Marinated skirt steak = awesome.
    Traditionally it's flank steak, but we can do whatever we want. Fuck the rules!
  • I have decided to make Snickers wine.

No, I'm not going to flavor a wine with Snickers. I'm going to make a wine whose sole ingredients are Snickers bars, water, and yeast.

The mere existence of the idea is both a fail and a boo-yah. Should this actually work, the product will be nothing short of an abomination unto God almighty. Which is more boo-yah than fail.
  • No...it...it cannot be done. It should not be done.
  • No...it...it cannot be done. It should not be done.
    It must be done.
  • I renounce TheWhaleShark and all he stands for.
  • So who wants to be the first to sample a sour tasting liquid that has had lumpy brown things floating in it?
  • I have decided to make Snickers wine.

No, I'm not going to flavor a wine with Snickers. I'm going to make a wine whose sole ingredients are Snickers bars, water, and yeast.

The mere existence of the idea is both a fail and a boo-yah. Should this actually work, the product will be nothing short of an abomination unto God almighty. Which is more boo-yah than fail.
    This cannot happen. Uuuummmm... How about you come get laid next weekend instead? ehhh?

• It's too late. There's no turning back. I have a pot of Snickers water on my stove right now. 4 Snickers bars and a quart of hot water. Heated for over 30 minutes now. I'm letting it cool to let the fats rise to the surface.

My Snickers water is developing a gravy skin.
  • I did it. 40-ish pound beef plate for 85 bucks.

I am the king of awesome/terrible ideas. Fail-Yah? Boo-Fail?

Are your bodies ready?

• edited December 2011
    Pete, you are messing with forces that man wasn't meant to wield. Abort now, before it is too late!!!
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • 40lbs of beef. Rending Snickers for fat and sugar. Pete grasp exceed grasp! Pete am play gods!
  • Fools! You cannot deny SCIENCE (I know this isn't science, but bear with me)! This is the natural progression of man, to battle it would be to try to turn us back into a lesser form of life!
  • It's too late. There's no turning back. I have a pot of Snickers water on my stove right now. 4 Snickers bars and a quart of hot water. Heated for over 30 minutes now. I'm letting it cool to let the fats rise to the surface.

My Snickers water is developing a gravy skin.
    You are not a good person.
  • Sip the Snickers gravy. It is the forbidden nectar of the Elder Ones, served in the court of Azathoth himself.
  • edited December 2011
    40lbs of beef. Rending Snickers for fat and sugar. Pete grasp exceed grasp! Pete am play gods!
    Who said anything about "playing?"
    Sip the Snickers gravy. It is the forbidden nectar of the Elder Ones, served in the court of Azathoth himself.
    I did, out of morbid curiosity. I now have a headache.
    You are not a good person.
    It was Hobbe's idea. Blame him.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • This can only end with the end of days.
  • The worst part? This is the "quick-mead" version. Half-strength. The full-strength version will require 16 Snickers to be dissolved in 2 quarts of water.

I'm thinking I might want to try a longer extraction. Possibly overnight at low temperature. I'm thinking 16 Snickers and 2 quarts of water in my crock pot, kept on "Low" overnight.
  • Sip the Snickers gravy. It is the forbidden nectar of the Elder Ones, served in the court of Azathoth himself.
    I did, out of morbid curiosity. I now have a headache.
    Probably all the dissolved preservatives and chemicals. Delicious. Tell us if you start to hallucinate, and maybe we can market "Pete's Candy Gravy" as a legal high.
  • You are not a good person.
    It was Hobbe's idea. Blame him.
    Oppressing the Jews and slaughtering them was Pharaoh's idea. Blame him. -Hitler

• edited December 2011
    The worst part? This is the "quick-mead" version. Half-strength. The full-strength version will require 16 Snickers to be dissolved in 2 quarts of water.

I'm thinking I might want to try a longer extraction. Possibly overnight at low temperature. I'm thinking 16 Snickers and 2 quarts of water in my crock pot, kept on "Low" overnight.
    Step it up, get a rotavap. Make concentrated Snickers sugars on an industrial scale using an organic solvent to dissolve the fats. Ether might work.

Upgrade to a centavap when Snickers Wine inevitably explodes onto the American gourmet marketplace.

Use the excess to create a Snicker and ether liqueur and export it to Slovakia under the name "Piotr sen séra cukroví" -- "Peter's Candy Dream Serum."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Ill.

Chance to watch the new Louis CK standup show.
  • edited December 2011

8 hours after pitching yeast.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited December 2011
    Boo-yah!: I got my secret santa package in today!

Fail:

(Thanks dude!)
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Ahahahahahahaha.
  • Boo-yah!: I got my secret santa package in today!

Fail: (Salty Licorice)
    Nine's spirit graces us still.

• Heeeheeeheee
    (That's not Nine, the card is in Finnish.)
    Oh Secret Santa, why could you not be mine?
  • Between that and the dark chocolate mint pretzels, I think the food gods hate me.