This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SPORE

edited July 2007 in Video Games
Is "Spore" in anyone's thoughts anymore?  Do you care that it was delayed again?  Are you doing something special in preparation for it (upgrading, getting a new computer)?  You might be waiting for a specific system port, or maybe you just don't care.  Maybe you're pissed at Will Wright or EA in general: noone will know unless you tell us.  
Basically, just talk about everything and anything related to "Spore."
For example, I'm building an entirely new computer for this game.

Comments

• I don't think you'll need anything special to run this game. It's not exactly the most intensive game. I trust Will Wright to come up with something interesting, he's a good designer, but then again this could also be the case.
  • I was excited for this game, but now it is indefinitely delayed. Oh well. I'm just pretending like this game doesn't exist now.
  • I was excited for this game, but now it is indefinitely delayed. Oh well. I'm just pretending like this game doesn't exist now.
    LIAR!
  • edited October 2007
    It's not delayed... a lot. It could come out as soon as April 2008.  I hope, ahh dammit; who who am I kidding?  Will Wright is an asshole, and foofly may be right about the "release" of this game.
    Post edited by Rym on
    LIAR!
    Alright, I'm excited again. What has this world come to? I expect these kinds of lies from blogs, but from the magazine owned by GameStop? I don't know if this means I should lose even more respect for video game magazines or if I should respect video game blogs more...

Yeah, I'll probably be buying Spore. I think the interesting thing is going to be whether I buy the game for Wii, DS or PC. If the game is awesome enough, and the game is different enough on the different platforms, I might even get the game for all three.
    LIAR!
    Alright, I'm excited again. What has this world come to? I expect these kinds of lies from blogs, but from the magazine owned by GameStop? I don't know if this means I should lose even more respect for video game magazines or if I should respect video game blogs more...

Yeah, I'll probably be buying Spore. I think the interesting thing is going to be whether I buy the game for Wii, DS or PC. If the game is awesome enough, and the game is different enough on the different platforms, I might even get the game for all three.
    Spore on the DS? I wonder how that would play out. It's gotta be PC for this type of game
  • edited July 2007
    The DS and the Wii will probably be the best ports for this game.  I can't imagine a good way to control the game with the xbox 360 or PS3 controllers (At  least not as well as the Wii PC or DS.).
    Post edited by booyadude on
  • I heard someone say that Spore would be on Vista and I instantly lost interest in it. Sort of like how Microsoft hyped how awesome Halo 3 would be because of Vista's technology.

That software can DIAF, I hate it with a passion, and I'll go to the first Linux-based software that I can play my games on.
  • edited July 2007
    Will Wright hasn't said anything about the requirements of the game so whoever said that probably shouldn't be trusted, besides it didn't look like you would need DX10 to play it.  The graphics aren't THAT impressive.
    Post edited by booyadude on
  • I don't care if its delayed, I can wait. Let Will Wright do what Will Wright does. When its done its done, and I will lose all my free time to the game.
  • edited October 2007
    Well I'm not exactly sure if this is just a default or something, but Amazon.com has the platform set as Windows XP, even though Microsoft will probably pay EA a truckload of money at the last minute to make it Vista only.  Also, Amazon probably hasn't updated the page since it was announced.
    Umm. I cant figure out how to make the link work, so...
    www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKBCX4?tag=hookedgamers-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B000FKBCX4&adid=1GX7N617MXZ3Y047G4DW&
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I strongly doubt that the game will be Vista only. Game companies seem to realize that for the huge games that are going to sell a zillion copies, they need to make the game as accessible as possible. If it is Vista only, I'll just stick with the console versions. Also, remember that guy who got Vista games to work on XP? His hack might work.
  • They made Shadowrun Vista only and it clearly only needs DX9 to run. While it pisses me off to say so, there is a chance it might be Vista only. Good thing I got a free copy from my school ^_^
  • I doubt games will ever come to Linux. Some external group changes something in some important dependency and "Boom!" thousands of people cant run their game. You could make a game with a custom distro but there in still lies the problem of high end hardware rarely works strait away in linux.

And also the community would throw a hissy fit if you bundled a custom distro with your proprietary game.
  • When is this game coming out.
  • When is this game coming out.
    2009 apparently, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • Actually, it comes out in "fiscal '09" which begins in April '08.
  • Actually, it comes out in "fiscal '09" which begins in April '08.

I stand (sit) corrected.
  • I can't wait until this game comes out for the Wii. Spore ftw!
  • They made Shadowrun Vista only and it clearly only needs DX9 to run.
    But no one cared about Shadowrun. They'd be fools to make Spore a Vista-only game. I'd much rather they keep the system specs in line with, say, Sims 2.
  • Actually I loved Shadowrun...but I played the 360 version.
  • In case no one heard, the game has gone gold and it looks like it's on track for a Spring 2008 release. Also, they restated the confirmation that it is comming to the DS as well. I'm really psyched for this game now. ^_^
  • In case no one heard, the game has gonegoldand it looks like it's on track for a Spring 2008 release. Also, they restated the confirmation that it is comming to the DS as well. I'm really psyched for this game now. ^_^
    It hasn't gone gold. Gone gold means they've sent the master DVD/CD to the presses. Even the article you linked didn't say they were at that stage yet.
  • It hasn't gone gold. Gone gold means they've sent the master DVD/CD to the presses. Even the article you linked didn't say they were at that stage yet.
    Wow, my eyes are baaaaaad... Today has been a really rough day.