This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How much would you pay for this forum?

Comments

• You should charge for the podcast and subsidise the forum.

I couldn't say that with a straight face. :p

I'd probably end up drifting away. I tend to skirt the edges of several communities rather than get deeply involved with one.
    The forum will always be visible to all and open to all real humans to register and post. It just needs technological help which may not be free.
  • edited September 2013
    How about you run a small gaming event for the money? It might end up only bringing in enough money to pay for itself though but it was an idea.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • How about you run a small gaming event for the money? It might end up only bringing in enough money to pay for itself though but it was an idea.
    Grand Prix entry fees?

Yeah, no.

Final round announced tonight!

• Grand Prix entry fees?

Yeah, no.

Final round announced tonight!
    I meant in meatspace.
  • Best I can do is $3.50.

I could throw $15 or $20 a year at it. I've spent more on beer. A beer.
  • Let's do an actual survey with a Google form so I can count and see if we have enough.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1__UJ8onlQAXJ2lasFJm6sR12-wLlSR7RgkcduUtWi0Y/viewform
  • edited September 2013
    I'd be happy to pay the $1 per month indefinitely. Edit: I'll fill out the Google form.
    Post edited by GroverBomb on
  • edited September 2013
    Kinda used to the forum's jank.
    I don't suppose much can be cached as everyone needs slightly different pages.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2013
    Kinda used to the forum's jank.
    I don't suppose much can be cached as everyone needs slightly different pages.
    Yeah, it won't be quite right if everything works. I mean not having to go to google to search for a thread would just be too easy. We don't like easy on this forum. We like to be tech savy, getting things done even when shit it broke.

EDIT: I'm gonna setup Vanilla on a server at home and see if I can get it running correctly. Will post a link for shits when it sorta works.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Would only donors get to stay? I mean, I would gladly pitch in, but it would be unfair if you had to pay to stay a member.
  • Would only donors get to stay? I mean, I would gladly pitch in, but it would be unfair if you had to pay to stay a member.
    No, paying would only make you a special member with very few benefits, if any.

Our rent might be going up by more than 100%. Let's not get too optimistic. But yeah, per year... that's workable.

• Sign me up. I will pay the pittance you ask of me.
  • I am still investigating offsetting the cost with tshirt sales. I'll bet I can come up with one cool limited-run "thing" we can sell every year to reduce the remaining cost.

Do you guys want Tshirts again? Stickers? Hug pillows?
  • Do you guys want Tshirts again? Stickers? Hug pillows?
    If you sold access to beta Geeknights, that would probably go over well.

Our rent might be going up by more than 100%. Let's not get too optimistic. But yeah, per year... that's workable.

I'd get a new place if that was happening.

I'd get a new place if that was happening.
    That's WHY it will be going up.

• I am still investigating offsetting the cost with tshirt sales. I'll bet I can come up with one cool limited-run "thing" we can sell every year to reduce the remaining cost.

Do you guys want Tshirts again? Stickers? Hug pillows?
    I don't need more shirts, but I'd buy it if that was what was made. I'd buy pretty much any non-stupid/creepy item. So no hug pillows with Scott's face on them.

• How much would a lock of Rym's majestic hair go for?
  • Geeknights dakimakura please.

But I like this idea of buying an actual good more than just pledging money. And you could hopefully get more money since it wouldn't just be people who use the forum. I'm sure t-shirts would be fine, but it'd be cool if there could be something more geek-specific and practical. Console skins? Notebooks for tabletop RPGs? These aren't the greatest ideas, but I think something along those lines would be a homerun.
  • Members-only cs:go games!
  • Geeknights pens.
  • I would seriously use a coffee mug. I probably wouldn't wear a shirt unless you had a really good design I like. Maybe if it was a polo that said geeknights or something I would wear that more than a tshirt.
  • I have more than enough coffee mugs, but that isn't a bad idea if it's inexpensive.

I say GeekNights Dice with the GN being the 6 on a D6, kinda like the PAX 10 dice I gave you guys from TT. That would be cool.
  • Not a polo. Good god. I live in Southern California and it is currently 106 degrees. Tshirts.
  • I second dice.
  • I'd buy a mug, but, come on, where's the love for geeknights commemorative ratchets?
  • Anyway GeekNights swag I would get behind, and I would pay top dollah for the goddamn link to beta GeekNights.
  • edited September 2013
    I would pay top dollah for the goddamn link to beta GeekNights.
    Post edited by Pegu on