This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070207 - Shoujo Kakumei Utena

13»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Re: Chu-Chu:
    I think it's definitely a valid way to read him, although my preferred reading is that he's Anthy's familiar and may represent what she is really be feeling at any given point in the show. I think it was either here/through GeekNights Presents or through the Empty Movement forum that I picked up that idea.

Post edited by Eryn on
  • Eryn said:

Re: Chu-Chu:

I think it's definitely a valid way to read him, although my preferred reading is that he's Anthy's familiar and may represent what she is really be feeling at any given point in the show.

I always thought of him in that way and left it at that. I agree about those factors, they're definitely there. The theory I brought up strikes me as more of an origin, than the nature of the character. Chu-chu has probably established himself as/grown into an individual regardless of how he started out.
  • So, I recently joined the Ohtori.nu Forums, and they've pointed me to some pretty great stuff.

Q: Ikuhara-san, Chiho Saito has said that you have never told her the truth about it, could you explain the significance of Mickey and his stopwatch. What exactly is his role on the Council?
    A: It has a very deep significance. His stopwatch contains the key to open all the mysteries of the world. And Mickey is the only one who knows that. So I don't know what it is either

(source:http://uranime.nekomusume.net/misc/ikuhara_interview.iphtml)
  • I wish one day that I can be interviewed and give answers even half as well as Ikuhara.
  • Some gifs of the Utena references in Steven Universe. Sorry it's just a link. Will fix later. queenlionsnake.tumblr.com/post/82248706657/everyone-else-is-like-sanic-was-in-steven

• They've posted the movie to Youtube.
  • Rym said:

The first thirteen episodes are effectively a different show.  Notice the change in tone at the very end of all that?  Starting with fourteen, the show is going to take a 90* turn into some dark territory. ^_~

I just finished the Black Rose Saga. I know you warned me, but goddamn.
  • I made an Utena AMV:
  • Started watching this show, and I'm getting slapped in the face over and over again with Kill la Kill. Just like Anthy!

I'm just hoping Gamagoori is in this show.
  • Anthy Himemiya | Anthy Princessmiya

Is this a thing? I can't Japanese too well.
  • Yep, rough surname meaning would be "princess shrine". Most if not all of the characters have pretty relevant name meanings (warning: minor spoilers on linked page).
  • Allegory. Allegorier. Allegoriest.
  • Not sure if this has already been posted here
  • Oh crap I never posted my Utena AMV to this thread.